• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Store Stamps vs Date Stamps

21 posts in this topic

There was no need for rebuttle, you didn't get my point, and I didn't get yours. What is the analogy of the adhesive on the back of stamp with comics ? :signofftopic:

As for an obliteration that covers a good percentage of stamp vs one that covers it slightly, I agree that the second is more attrative than the first and should also be less hammered in price, but both will always be less attractive and less valuable than a stamp that has not been obliterated.

Same should be with comics. A comic with a big store stamp is obviously less attractive than a comic with a faint and discreet arrival date. But both, like stamps, should worth less than a comic that has no "ink" added :sumo:

OK - I used to collect stamps. I was about 13 when I stopped collecting stamps. So I decided to check "obliteration" onn the internet and get some formal definitions.

1) A cancellation intended solely to deface a stamp. Also called a killer

2) An overprint intended to deface a portion of the design of a stamp, like the face of a deposed ruler.

One thing I am not clear on. Is this something done to the stamps before they are released to the public?