• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scammers on Ebay

25 posts in this topic

Could someone give me a list of the scammers on Ebay, or some links to threads about him. Namely this Robojo guy and his aliases... I have a friend who mentioned to me about buying high grade raw books on Ebay and I'd like to make sure he's not getting hosed by this guy..

Thanks. I appreciate it a lot...

Martin

I'm just curious, I never bought from Robojo and I would never ever dare buying raw books from him after everything I read about that guy, but what about the CGC books that he is selling ? Has anybody ever had problems buying CGC books from him ? (shrug)

It is official CGC Board Member policy not to aid and abet criminals!!! :sumo:

Could someone give me a list of the scammers on Ebay, or some links to threads about him. Namely this Robojo guy and his aliases... I have a friend who mentioned to me about buying high grade raw books on Ebay and I'd like to make sure he's not getting hosed by this guy..

Thanks. I appreciate it a lot...

Martin

Start here (my thread)...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3441593&fpart=1

Lexerific

cdpaoli

makemeanofferandwin (same person/account, suspended...but the negative feedback is fun to read... :insane: )

Also, he has a suspect X-Men 4 9.2 raw up currently for sale... :tonofbricks::boo:

Whats wrong with Roboj? - I got a str tales 101 cgc 5.0 from him and he's ok.

He's a convicted felon. He has sold thousands of restored books as unrestored. Whether your book was OK or not, a huge chunk of what he sells is not.

He runs a dedicated, well-organised scheme designed solely to defraud. Anybody buying slabs from him because they are 'safe' is supporting the raping of their fellow collectors and therefore qualifies as a prize nipple and deserves to see their collection go up in flames...without having insurance. :banana:

I'm just curious, I never bought from Robojo and I would never ever dare buying raw books from him after everything I read about that guy, but what about the CGC books that he is selling ? Has anybody ever had problems buying CGC books from him ? (shrug)

Besides not dealing with the skumbagg, I would worry about the CGC'd books just being the ones he "slipped through". :eek:

Off topic I know but why is your avatar a picture of Daryl in the Silver Acre warehouse ?

:popcorn:

He's a convicted felon. He has sold thousands of restored books as unrestored. Whether your book was OK or not, a huge chunk of what he sells is not.

He runs a dedicated, well-organised scheme designed solely to defraud. Anybody buying slabs from him because they are 'safe' is supporting the raping of their fellow collectors and therefore qualifies as a prize nipple and deserves to see their collection go up in flames...without having insurance. :banana:

(worship) +1

I think Robo is starting to feel some heat. I noticed in the last few weeks he's listing alot more slabs. Ironically most of these are 6.5 to 8.5 versus his raw alleged high grades of 9.0 to 9.8/9.9. Could these slabs be his crack and bump the grade books? Is he now trying to get some heat off of him by trying to look legit by selling more slabs than raw? Just seems odd he's changed his listing style the last few weeks.

DRX

Not only do I agree that there a lot of pictures of gorgeous women on this horndog members signature line...I agree with everything in his above post !!! Besides the unisured burning of one's collection I think Mr.Burns should have Smithers "release the hounds" on people buying from criminals like Robojo .

Who knows if if he is sliding inner wells and labels around....he is a fairly intelligent criminal and should be avoided at all cost! Why support someone's business that will use your money to screw others over ???

(worship) +1

I think Robo is starting to feel some heat. I noticed in the last few weeks he's listing alot more slabs. Ironically most of these are 6.5 to 8.5 versus his raw alleged high grades of 9.0 to 9.8/9.9. Could these slabs be his crack and bump the grade books? Is he now trying to get some heat off of him by trying to look legit by selling more slabs than raw? Just seems odd he's changed his listing style the last few weeks.

DRX

A number of them will be returns he has had to take. Say he sells a raw 9.0, but CGC grade it a 7.5 when the buyer sends it to them. That gets returned to him and he has to move it on somehow. (thumbs u

(worship) +1

DRX

He accepts consignments. Those are probably not his books for sale.

(worship) +1

DRX

Do you know this for a fact, or is just something that he's said? (shrug)

(worship) +1

DRX

Yea right. He's been running sales with books like this for years, every week. He must have an endless supply of consignors right. :screwy:

DRX