• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide #40 9.2 values af15, jim83,tos39,ff1,hulk1, tta27, xmen1,

124 posts in this topic

One Silver Age key which we can put a 9.2 price is a Showcase 4. :)

Some new development you want to let us in on? Otherwise, the only thing I know for sure is what price a 9.2 Showcase 4 WON'T sell for.

I guess not too much higher than the last GPA. Hard to believe if it can break 100K.

While I do enjoy your input, it does not follow overstreet trend over the course of 39 years of publication. ie the X-MEN 1 does not overtake an ASM1 in value.

If you look at the below, you will realize that these numbers represent a true reflection of what u will almost exactly see in OSPG #40.

For that matter BOB OVERSTREET HAS MADE A SEVERE ERROR IN OSPG #39. See page 156 (TOP 20 Silver Age Books) look at JIM83 price of $18K in 9.2 and Justice League #1 price of $12K. THEN look at the price guide section pg 677 JIM83 still shows $15K and Justice League#1 still shows $10K.

Instead of getting praises when I wrote to Bob Overstreet in June 09- he completely ignored me regarding the above errors. Unacceptable when in page 74 of OSPG he tells u to report errors in the guide.

Anyways I believe these are a very good estimate of OSPG#40 Prices.

AF15 $80,000

FF1 $55,000

FF5 $12,000

ASM1 $50,000

AVENGERS 1 $10,000 (I know you expected this to go up to $15,000 but no it didn't and I feel sorry for those who paid $4K for a 6.0)

X-MEN 1 $25,000

HULK 1 $45,000

JIM 83 $25,000

TOS 39 $20,000

SHOWCASE 22 $13,000

BB28 $14,000

FLASH 105 $15,000

SHOWCASE 4 $50,000

SHOWCASE 8 $20,000

SHOWCASE 9 $12,000

TTA 27 $12,000

GREEN LANTERN 1 $11,500

ADVENTURE 247 $13,000

I was merely pointing out what prices I submitted based on actual sales and my opinion... I didn't speculate on where they would be in the guide (thumbs u

here are the 9.2 prices I submitted to OS in my report this year:

AF15 $120k

FF1 $110k

FF5 $25k

ASM1 $50k

AVENGERS 1 $30k (based on a 9.0 selling for 25K)

X-MEN 1 $65k

HULK 1 $100k (again, with a 125K sale on record)

JIM 83 dnc (did not change, no relevant info I noticed this year)

TOS 39 dnc

SHOWCASE 22 $25k

BB28 dnc

FLASH 105 dnc

SHOWCASE 4 $75k

SHOWCASE 8 $dnc

SHOWCASE 9 dnc

TTA 27 dnc

GREEN LANTERN 1 $25k (based on 30K sale)

ADVENTURE 247 dnc

Why such a low value submitted on the AF15 and ASM1? Just curious... hm

AF15 $120k

FF1 $110k

FF5 $25k

ASM1 $50k

X-MEN 1 $65k

TOS 39 dnc

SHOWCASE 22 $25k

BB28 dnc

FLASH 105 dnc

SHOWCASE 4 $75k

SHOWCASE 8 $dnc

SHOWCASE 9 dnc

TTA 27 dnc

ADVENTURE 247 dnc

because anything higher, though likely real world accurate, won't be considered based on current guide value (thumbs u

AF15 $120k

FF1 $110k

FF5 $25k

ASM1 $50k

X-MEN 1 $65k

TOS 39 dnc

SHOWCASE 22 $25k

BB28 dnc

FLASH 105 dnc

SHOWCASE 4 $75k

SHOWCASE 8 $dnc

SHOWCASE 9 dnc

TTA 27 dnc

ADVENTURE 247 dnc

because anything higher, though likely real world accurate, won't be considered based on current guide value (thumbs u

And yet you submitted such huge value increases for Hulk 1 and X-Men 1? Wouldn't the same rationale apply?

AF15 $120k

FF1 $110k

FF5 $25k

ASM1 $50k

X-MEN 1 $65k

TOS 39 dnc

SHOWCASE 22 $25k

BB28 dnc

FLASH 105 dnc

SHOWCASE 4 $75k

SHOWCASE 8 $dnc

SHOWCASE 9 dnc

TTA 27 dnc

ADVENTURE 247 dnc

And yet you submitted such huge value increases for Hulk 1 and X-Men 1? Wouldn't the same rationale apply?

I increased that based on multiple sales in stated condition... I don't recall seeing a 9.2 AF 15 or ASM1 selling this past year (though they certainly could have, I just didn't have any notes on them...I only had notes of 8.5's and 8.0's selling for less this past year than the previous, so another reason not to put in a "huge" increase), hence, I had no tangible evidence to increase outside of my own speculation... however, I have knowledge of multiple Xmen 1 and Hulk 1 in 9.2 and higher selling and can extrapolate what I feel is good info...

again, as many pointed out, most of this is just an exercise in futility... my impact on pricing next year will be, I suspect, non existant...

books like SC 22, where a what, 9.0 sells for almost 60K, one would say "why did you put 25K down?"... it is not a price that OSPG will reflect (1 sale does not a price in the guide make), so sometimes you have to be more "conservative" and cost average knowns sales, even over years (like af15 too)

That was going to be my question to you when I looked at your list.

While I understand your rationale now, I still think it's weird that you've got a 9.2 Showcase 22 listed at the same price as a 9.2 GL 1. There is no comparison. I'll be happy if my 9.4 GL 1 sells on Heritage for as much as the 9.0 Showcase 22 did.

cat out of bag or old news?

They just received the book last week, and it has just appeared in the auction preview so the cat is officially out of the bag, I guess.

I guess I'll start a new Smorgasbord (of one) thread in the Dealer forum sometime soon.

hm- seem to recall a dropped tibdit in the JLA thread- guess those are for another day.

books like SC 22, where a what, 9.0 sells for almost 60K, one would say "why did you put 25K down?"... it is not a price that OSPG will reflect (1 sale does not a price in the guide make), so sometimes you have to be more "conservative" and cost average knowns sales, even over years (like af15 too)

That was going to be my question to you when I looked at your list.

While I understand your rationale now, I still think it's weird that you've got a 9.2 Showcase 22 listed at the same price as a 9.2 GL 1. There is no comparison. I'll be happy if my 9.4 GL 1 sells on Heritage for as much as the 9.0 Showcase 22 did.

cat out of bag or old news?

They just received the book last week, and it has just appeared in the auction preview so the cat is officially out of the bag, I guess.

I guess I'll start a new Smorgasbord (of one) thread in the Dealer forum sometime soon.

hm- seem to recall a dropped tibdit in the JLA thread- guess those are for another day.

Ah, if you`re talking about the remainder of my JLAs after my recent private sales, the answer is I haven`t figured out what/how I`m going to do with them yet, so they weren`t consigned for the February auction. If you`re talking about the B&B 28, it`s gone already via private sale and therefore will not be put up for auction (not by me, anyways).

Folks I want to know what u think the top 20 silver age will price out in OSPG#40.

Recent sales history is great but I want to know what will be published.

we won't know that until the guide comes out next year, but it is safe to "assume" they will increase approx the same amount (%wise) they have for the past few years (thumbs u

Folks I want to know what u think the top 20 silver age will price out in OSPG#40.

Two options to do this:

1. Hire Kreskin to read Overstreet's mind

2. Hire a Private Investigator to observe Overstreet and get the information

:jokealert:

Call Bob as obviously we're not giving you the correct answers. :sorry:

:hail:

Call Bob as obviously we're not giving you the correct answers. :sorry:

:whee::applause:

we won't know that until the guide comes out next year, but it is safe to "assume" they will increase approx the same amount (%wise) they have for the past few years (thumbs u

About 3-4 years ago some of the titles "broke" out with X-men #1 and TOS #39 really jumping in price. All depends on what people think was hot last year.

while OSPG is great, on the "keys", very few folks place any credibility in the timeliness of the pricing... the guide is great as a "guide" but when it lists an AF15 in 9.2 at 65K , when real world is 100-120K+ (or 200K or whatever), then whether or not that price moves to 75K is not really relevant, is it (shrug)

while OSPG is great, on the "keys", very few folks place any credibility in the timeliness of the pricing... the guide is great as a "guide" but when it lists an AF15 in 9.2 at 65K , when real world is 100-120K+ (or 200K or whatever), then whether or not that price moves to 75K is not really relevant, is it (shrug)

The relevance of the Guide as a price guide ceased over a decade ago. The primary relevance of the Guide today is a reference tool for identifying 1st issues/appearances, origin issues, artist citings, and market reports.