• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM G.I. Combat 83....guss the METRO grade

12 posts in this topic

Ordered this on Sunday and had it on Wednesday....Metro's customer service is hard to beat. My scanner isn't much...this book is VERY glossy with no cover tanning. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0001-11.jpg

scan0002-13.jpg

copying my response from the other thread

I have no idea what Metro graded it as but I'm guessing they slightly overgraded it.

At first glance my gut said 4.5 (back cover warrants it I think) and then thought maybe 5.0, but I'm still leaning on 4.5

You're right....it was a Metro 5.5....and I love it. It's exactly the kind of book I was looking for. It has a few too many small light creases for a 6.0....but the gloss and spine on the book are fantastic. The price and service were great. The book looks much nicer in person and the absence of edge tanning is a real plus. I probably owe Vince and Steve an apology for my poor scans.I figured most of you would say 4.5 to 5.0....but like most books I've gotten from Metro, they always have some pluses that just aren't visible on the scan. If I'm looking for a hard to find book they're one of the first places I go. I remember when Fischler was still just advertising in a small ad in the CBG....it was usually just a couple dozen books, but always that cool and very hard to find stuff. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

copied from the earlier thread

Looks like a 5.0 to me.

Metro - 5.5

Great cover - and with your description of the gloss and no tanning, I'm not surprised you're happy.

Congrats!