• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicvendor.com,...

57 posts in this topic

...I just stumbled on this site that bills itself as the worlds oldest comic store,...can anyone share some background on them,...and how is their grading,...there are several books there that I've been looking for for quite some time at very reasonable prices,...any 411 is appreciated,....thanks

....please do,...I'm loooking at some early 60's F-VF books as well,...I'm a pretty picky grader,...I don't mind a half grade difference here and there,...but I just don't want Mile High level grading,...

Expect as lot of tanning (stuff stored in hot SoCal warehouse for years) and a pretty abrasive dealer if you talk to him in person.

He does have a lot of inventory and has been around for a long time. He can be pretty rough and doesn't have much use for all these silly people actually grading their comics, and heaven forbid you mention CGC.

Expect as lot of tanning (stuff stored in hot SoCal warehouse for years) and a pretty abrasive dealer if you talk to him in person.

He does have a lot of inventory and has been around for a long time. He can be pretty rough and doesn't have much use for all these silly people actually grading their comics, and heaven forbid you mention CGC.

....Hmmm,...that kind of answers my question,...I'm a pretty abusive buyer myself,...really have no patience for "Old Timers" from the days o' yore of grading,...

Yep; I wouldn't expect a lot. Nick is salty to say the least, and he is an old-school grader who refuses to adopt to the changing (tightening) standards of today. That said, best of luck, and I hope it works out for you.

Comic Vendor was one of my LCSes growing up, and I got some decent books from him, although always at or above market price. A couple of years ago I ordered some books from comicvendor.com, and was generally disappointed.

I've received enough complaints about him that he'll be removed from my site at the next update.

...yeah,...that's where I found him,...oh well,...I only blew $50.00 on three books,..I would never do more than that on unfamiliar dealer for a first buy,...hopefully one out of the three won't be total krap,... :P

There was a thread about this guy Nick a couple years ago, but I couldn't find it.

( Are the old posts archived somewhere? ) Anyways, he may very well be the oldest comic book store in America but he is a to deal with. His stock is HUGE ....like in multi million book huge, but he doesn't really wanna deal with people, much less be bothered by disgruntled buyers. He wants to run a comic book mail service MACHINE and he doesn't want to deal with problems.....ESPECIALLY GRADING PROBLEMS !!

You bought F - VF ......expect VG - F. If you wanna return something, you may as well consider it thrown into a black hole. Customer service is not what he is about. :(

He probably has multiple copies of just about everything from 1970 up.....even the keys, but man, I just don't know if its worth it to mail order from him. In person you can at least haggle and then get verbally abused and made to feel like mess in person.

Here is a pic of him in his warehouse from the late 80's. He has rows of shelves around 15 feet high just full of boxes of books all in alphabetical order. Look at that wall of just Star Wars books and then imagine the Hulk section.....or Spidey.....or F.F........or Batman. Its an amazing sight.

comicvendor1nick.jpg