• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Honestly, would anyone be surprised if JE is still in the hobby? (shrug)

It's not like he was reprimanded in any criminal/civil prosecution brought against him, so the real question is why wouldn't he be.

I don't think that anyone is surprised to hear that Ewert is still in the hobby but they're probably concerned that one of the biggest forces currently in the business might be knowingly dealing with him. Considering how many people here deal with Clink, I think that it's important to uncover of there is validity to these claims.

Who here would want to be buying a book from Ewert even if it was not tampered with? (shrug)

That's my point also. I would like to hear from Clink on this matter! Come on Clink speak up, or do you have something to hide?

If people want to know what CL knows, then respectfully take 5 seconds and e-mail them a question about whether they are knowingly dealing with Ewert. Or better yet take 5 minutes and call them.

They might not, and I would expect this to be the case, respond due to legitimate privacy concerns surrounding their customer base but it is not fair to expect them to respond to a thread they might not even know about.

Anyone who is knowingly doing business with Ewert, at least with respect to selling books on his behalf (personally I wouldn't knowingly allow Ewert to even buy books from me because I do not want to facilitate illegitimate activities) raises some questions worthy of discussion. I don't know him from "Adam" so I have no idea of whether he is back in the comic business but I, too, have certainly heard the rumors. But mostly dealers have said to me that they have not seen him around.

At the moment we still have nothing but rumors to discuss despite the fact that apparently several forumites have first-hand evidence or non-defamatory second-hand information (i.e., Ewert was seen at a CL preview night, which by itself does not really say much of anything substantive other than creating an inference).

The longer those forumites remain silent the greater role they are playing themselves in contributing to Ewert's return into the business, if this is true in the first place.

If a forumite is concerned about whether the information they possess is defamatory or otherwise questionable, feel free to PM it to me in confidence and I will provide an informal opinion. I've handled defamation cases on both sides of the fence.

Of course no one want sleazeballs in the hobby, but for every Jason Ewert you stop a new on is born, so I am just being realistic.

But if you suspect a sleazeball is operating in the hobby, it's worth making noise about it. It will at least make people think twice about doing business with that sleazeball.

Barton, I agree, but all of these posting are just hearsay. I have yet to see anyone come forward and say something meaningful to the matter at hand.

I like busting on comic-link :cloud9: , but I am not going to throw anyone under the bus based on a couple posts from people with zero facts.

MEMO

To: CGC Forum Members

RE: Opinion Regarded as Fact

It is hereby mandated that personal opinion shall be construed as fact until otherwise notified. This shall be especially true if the opinion is expressed by a fanboy.

Best regards,

Management

Of course no one want sleazeballs in the hobby, but for every Jason Ewert you stop a new on is born, so I am just being realistic.

But if you suspect a sleazeball is operating in the hobby, it's worth making noise about it. It will at least make people think twice about doing business with that sleazeball.

Barton, I agree, but all of these posting are just hearsay. I have yet to see anyone come forward and say something meaningful to the matter at hand.

I like busting on comic-link :cloud9: , but I am not going to throw anyone under the bus based on a couple posts from people with zero facts.

MEMO

It is hereby mandated that personal opinion shall be construed as fact until otherwise notified. This shall be especially true if the opinion is expressed by a fanboy.

Best regards,

Management

Watson, you hang with Holmes. Can't you figure this out? (shrug)

All kidding aside. Proof is all that will help this part of the thread. Period. :sumo:

MEMO

Best regards,

Management

You're just reemphasizing the existing rule, correct?

(btw, only 55 to go! :whee:)

MEMO

Best regards,

Management

Watson, you hang with Holmes. Can't you figure this out? (shrug)

All kidding aside. Proof is all that will help this part of the thread. Period. :sumo:

There are plenty of people on here who are not interested in proof. Just want they want to hear. It's almost an impossible situation.

Proof is not good fodder.

I doubt anyone on these boards has first hand knowledge that Ewert is still selling.

Wrong.

In the words of the immortal Greggy, prove it.

Hmmmm.no......I'll just pull a "foolkiller" and drop a bomb then refuse to respond after several requests.

I doubt anyone on these boards has first hand knowledge that Ewert is still selling.

Wrong.

Hmmmm.no......I'll just pull a "foolkiller" and drop a bomb then refuse to respond after several requests.

Does anyone think you dropped a bomb? I sure don't.

Wrong.

Wrong :sumo:

Wrong.

Wrong :sumo:

I think he's actually referring to a thread where I alluded to some dealers who have actively placed books back on the wall knowing they had touch to them or resto pointed out.

These "name names" threads on dealers never go well and as Nick pointed out, have been previously discussed. There were repeated requests for an answer from two members... as most of the older members were not interested in the rehash.

Dan seems to know VA Cliff and I'm sure he's perfectly fine guy -- but my point is, the people in this thread aren't going to care about this info unless someone comes forward with first hand knowledge or proof. I wasn't asking anyone to give credibility to what I was saying either way. I frankly don't care. I know what I know, and I'm not asking him to actually come forward with anything, that's his business and if he does fine and if he doesn't fine too.

Wrong.

I don’t see how your posts are actually helping the cause. If you have some kind of documentation or proof about this matter then do us all a favor in post information worth mentioning.

A lot of us have heard this song and dance for well over a year, but nothing has been substantial or concrete.

Basically, if you heard a guy that heard a guy say they saw a shady someone around wells that’s nothing.

Like I said before Ewert basically just got a slap on the wrist, so I have assumed he has been buying/selling this whole time. It is so easy for him to still be in this hobby it’s ridiculous.

I can only hope he is not micro-trimming anymore, and that CGC can stop it if/when anyone does that terrible act.