• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

The Cocteau Twins = Rubbish

You seem to have spelled 'I know all about music' wrong there? (shrug)

lol

Not quite. I never could stand them. I tried really hard with Four Calendar Cafe, but could never muster more than a cursory glance.

You missed their best stuff then:

Head over Heels

Treasure

Victorialand

Is rice. (thumbs u

I was playing Victorialand the other night...still gives me chills. :cloud9:

I've actually recently had my turntable refurbed following 12 months of it being out of action and am digging through all the old vinyl. My god, I bought some weird stuff. :eek:

Tonight's jukebox has so far featured...Mordred, Pop Will Eat Itself, Ministry, Radiohead, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rory Gallagher and the Ramones. :headbang:

Beat this - Fire Engines, Fad Gadget, Delphic, MC5, Killing Joke, James Brown, Modern Eon - all while watching boring Spurs beating plucky Fulham.

Have all those bands iin me collection, especially the MC5,, like 'em all except Modern Eon who looking back were vapid early 80s Bowie copyists.

And Fulham may've been plucky but they were even more uninspired than the mighty, mighty, awesomely magnificent Spurs. :headbang:

Why would someone suddenly pick up the knife after decades of successful selling? If money was the only motivator, it's still very bizarre behavior and insane risk-taking. Especially when you're at that level where you sit at the big table with all the big boys, like he was.

Increased competition for the "best stuff." If it's no longer as easy as it was to obtain top notch material, you either settle for second best, or start manufacturing it.

I see this with autograph dealers all the time. A dealer will tap into a great resource and sell like crazy for a year or two. Once it dries up they have trouble obtaining more great material. Suddenly, they once again start offering top notch material, but this time disturbing patterns begin to emerge. Many a good dealer has gone bad trying to keep up with past success.

That makes perfect sense. (thumbs u Thank you.

The reason I mentioned emerging culture was to put Ewert into "context". At his level he was probably one of the few who knew from day-1 the welcome mat was out for non-additive alterations. That, coupled with the Blue Label most presumed (at that point) meant "unaltered original", provided a huge grade-tweaking advantage. With that kind of advantage, if he staid inside the lines, he could've had a field day and enjoyed his Legend of having "a great eye". Picking up the knife for an additional advantage seems...supremely stupid. (shrug)

Speaking of which, hey Borock, I just bought another blue label down in the Bahamas!!! :cloud9:

$146!!!!! :whee:

Tonight's jukebox has so far featured...Mordred, Pop Will Eat Itself, Ministry, Radiohead, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rory Gallagher and the Ramones. :headbang:

That's more like it...all good stuff, although I've not heard of Mordred.

Early 90s 'funk metal'...remember that? :eek:

Well, I remember Faith No More and the Chili Peppers, who were both rather good once upon a time...

And Extreme. :sick:

The Cocteau Twins = Rubbish

You seem to have spelled 'I know all about music' wrong there? (shrug)

Nick likes the Cocteau Twins?? :o

Even I don't like the Cocteau Twins!

You support Liverpool so that was a given :baiting:

You'll never hear The Kop singing a Cocteau Twins song! lol

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now is the mainstay at Anfield lol

No songs from Manchester will be sung at Anfield! (tsk)

Funk metal? Is that what you would call The Darkness?

The Darkness were cheesy glam metal....no funk involved.

Were they a real band? I always thought they were just a big spoof.

A lot of people thought that, which made them very unpopular and ultimately ended 'em. However they were a genuine band. Ish.

Why would someone suddenly pick up the knife after decades of successful selling? If money was the only motivator, it's still very bizarre behavior and insane risk-taking. Especially when you're at that level where you sit at the big table with all the big boys, like he was.

Increased competition for the "best stuff." If it's no longer as easy as it was to obtain top notch material, you either settle for second best, or start manufacturing it.

I see this with autograph dealers all the time. A dealer will tap into a great resource and sell like crazy for a year or two. Once it dries up they have trouble obtaining more great material. Suddenly, they once again start offering top notch material, but this time disturbing patterns begin to emerge. Many a good dealer has gone bad trying to keep up with past success.

That makes perfect sense. (thumbs u Thank you.

The reason I mentioned emerging culture was to put Ewert into "context". At his level he was probably one of the few who knew from day-1 the welcome mat was out for non-additive alterations. That, coupled with the Blue Label most presumed (at that point) meant "unaltered original", provided a huge grade-tweaking advantage. With that kind of advantage, if he staid inside the lines, he could've had a field day and enjoyed his Legend of having "a great eye". Picking up the knife for an additional advantage seems...supremely stupid. (shrug)

Thieves don't believe they'll get caught. Sometimes it's really just this simple...

[quote=skypinkblu :hi:

I hope your back is better:)

I'm assuming you are referring to the Javits show last year. Took about another two weeks, but it's been fine since.

Man, that was miserable!

[quote=skypinkblu :hi:

I hope your back is better:)

I'm assuming you are referring to the Javits show last year. Took about another two weeks, but it's been fine since.

Man, that was miserable!

Yes, that was the one where I brought chairs...I'm glad it was only two weeks.

After reading bits and pieces of this thread, it is apparent that the NOD -a organization once built around the principle of proactive disclosure, is now just as guilty as anyone else when it comes to non-disclosed sales. They have a member who is going to flood the market with pressed comics, all of which no matter how much you cupcake it will only go againt their mission.

After reading bits and pieces of this thread, it is apparent that the NOD -a organization once built around the principle of proactive disclosure, is now just as guilty as anyone else when it comes to non-disclosed sales. They have a member who is going to flood the market with pressed comics, all of which no matter how much you cupcake it will only go againt their mission.
You are wrong in so many ways.

You are wrong in so many ways.

Yep, that's an impressive lack of reading comprehension from auction_attorney's side :screwy:

That statement is so chock full of ridonkulous that you'd make more sense if you made Ronald McDonald the clown responsible for cholesterol.

How someone can believe that one honest person is responsible for someone else's dishonesty is beyond me.

I thought it was an attorney's job to read everything.

Reading bits & pieces (as you say) and then trying to make a judgement is asking for trouble.

I thought it was an attorney's job to read everything.

Reading bits & pieces (as you say) and then trying to make a judgement is asking for trouble.

Hey, Goon! :hi:

Aren't you, like, banned or something?

We just need a Comic book organization of some sort that isn't tasked for any one aspect of the hobby/industry.

Do other hobbies have some sort of the same thing?

Meetings could be held at the major comic conventions...