• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ditko Spidey Splash - your for $100K

70 posts in this topic

I owned that Splash back in the late 70's. Used to hang on my apt. wall. I think I paid $250 for it.

Mitch I.

And $250 was a ton of cash in the 70's for comic OA too. You probably had your choice of just about anything from the Silver Age for that kinda dough.

I have a regrettable Steve Ditko original art story that I would love to share.

If the page linked above wasn't in there, I'm sure a different one was.

Bring a Hanky

Wow, talk about missed opportunity. Would you have made a deal with the Colonel if you had taken a car instead of a bus ride?

There have been plenty of Ditko SM pages that were WAY better than that splash, and a fraction of the price.

Yeah but how many had an shot of Spidey that large? Huh? Hmmm? Riddle me that?

I bet there's a spider- fetish art collector who has some money left over from when google bought his search engine program that is all over this.

I have a regrettable Steve Ditko original art story that I would love to share.

If the page linked above wasn't in there, I'm sure a different one was.

Bring a Hanky

Wow, talk about missed opportunity. Would you have made a deal with the Colonel if you had taken a car instead of a bus ride?

I may have picked up a page or two or three if I knew I could get them home without damage.

I'm certain I would have sold whatever pages I would have bought for any sort of profit shortly thereafter.

Being 14 or 15 years old and actually making money selling comics in the early 80's was such a rush.

It's a regret I've somewhat come to terms with over the years.

It would be nice to have somehow convinced myself to hang onto the early Spidey splash page (that I never bought)....and cash it in today for 75K+.....yeah, that would be pretty sweet.

There have been plenty of Ditko SM pages that were WAY better than that splash, and a fraction of the price.

Yeah but how many had an shot of Spidey that large? Huh? Hmmm? Riddle me that?

I bet there's a spider- fetish art collector who has some money left over from when google bought his search engine program that is all over this.

You're right... it is a great shot.