• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom Lady #17 CGC 6.5 From Zodiak Collection...Closed Off to Ebay!

61 posts in this topic

That was a great run of books Dale uncovered.

Paulie, I wish I could afford this right now....

:cry:

Kevin Sharpe (KE Toys) sold the books on consignment. Dale bought them from Kevin

He had most of the books priced around VG :o:o:o

I remember... I think he adjusted some prices after dale lol

:ohm

(thumbs u lol

Probably looks familiar to you Dale... :hi:

A Kevin Sharpe Zodiac book (thumbs u

Is it Kevin Sharpe or Kevin Sparks? hm

I've heard the story from Kevin, and he said the collection was found only 20 mins. or so from here in Nashville in a town called Murfreesboro.

Probably looks familiar to you Dale... :hi:

A Kevin Sharpe Zodiac book (thumbs u

Is it Kevin Sharpe or Kevin Sparks? hm

I've heard the story from Kevin, and he said the collection was found only 20 mins. or so from here in Nashville in a town called Murfreesboro.

You're right Chris.................don't know where I got Sharpe from :insane:

it is Kevin Sparks

Sorry Kevin..............that's what old age will do to you (:

Well, honestly, most of the books I bought graded out about VG and Kevin had them priced fairly, not necessarily that cheaply. I spent about 40K for the stuff from this collection. The only stuff he had priced really cheap were the 50s Westerns from the same collection. Many of them were high grade, but VG was about the right price for them, given that they were westerns.

Well, honestly, most of the books I bought graded out about VG and Kevin had them priced fairly, not necessarily that cheaply. I spent about 40K for the stuff from this collection. The only stuff he had priced really cheap were the 50s Westerns from the same collection. Many of them were high grade, but VG was about the right price for them, given that they were westerns.

Yes, we got left with the dregs :baiting:lol

Well, I can assure you that we didn't pay VG price for this book..lol! Actually I thought the price was fair, and if I remember we all thought it had an outside chance at 7.0. Very nice book, so is this set of books given a notation from CGC now?

Well, I can assure you that we didn't pay VG price for this book..lol! Actually I thought the price was fair, and if I remember we all thought it had an outside chance at 7.0. Very nice book, so is this set of books given a notation from CGC now?

no notation... I remember your buddy (forgot his name) buying the book... is it still his?

I didn't pay VG for it either. Kevin is not dumb. He has worked with books for about 20 years. I think he had this book priced at 2500.00.

sure would be nice if one would participate on the boards, instead of just coming here to pimp their wares, huh dale :baiting:

Dang, that's just cold.

lol

But so very true.Couldnt make it over to sign Niks cel

Are you commenting on Paulie not coming over to sign Nik's cel?

(shrug)

sure would be nice if one would participate on the boards, instead of just coming here to pimp their wares, huh dale :baiting:

Dang, that's just cold.

lol

(shrug)

Yes.

Cool sport.

Let's bump ancient sales threads to mock inactive Boardies to prove-up our community credentials.

Is it mocking if its true?

I was just diappointed that Paul couldnt make it over in a weeks time to sign Niks cel.

Perhaps my comment was over the top but I took getting sigs seriously.

If that is wrong my bad.

Dang, that's just cold.

lol

(shrug)

Yes.

And you're going to hold that against him as some sort of badge of honor?

:screwy:

First off, my post was tongue in cheek as I considered Paul a friend.

Second, it's just a frigging signature. It's not something that should be considered mandatory. Sometimes people have real things to deal with and you should know as well as anyone else that Paulie has been through a rough couple of years. To air it out on the boards from your perspective alone is just in poor taste on your end.

meh

Cool sport.

Let's bump ancient sales threads to mock inactive Boardies to prove-up our community credentials.

I was just diappointed that Paul couldnt make it over in a weeks time to sign Niks cel.

If that is wrong my bad.

It was wrong as there was nothing be gained by commenting negatively on an inactive board member, as though he was doing something wrong.

Fail.

(thumbs u

If that is wrong my bad.

That's OK - you have strong feelings which remain, and that's understandable.

But please consider how you express those feelings impacts others, and how the very person you are holding in your memory would react to such negativity.

Dang, that's just cold.

lol

(shrug)

Yes.

And you're going to hold that against him as some sort of badge of honor?

:screwy:

First off, my post was tongue in cheek as I considered Paul a friend.

Second, it's just a frigging signature. It's not something that should be considered mandatory. Sometimes people have real things to deal with and you should know as well as anyone else that Paulie has been through a rough couple of years. To air it out on the boards from your perspective alone is just in poor taste on your end.

meh

Wow.Over react much :screwy:

Im holding no grudge.Badge of honor?Thats Stus thing.

And your right its just a friggin signature.For a friggin cel that sits on Niks famllys mantle next to a picture of his family.

So Paul went through a divorce.You did I did so what.Im sorry he has hit a bad patch.But bad taste?You brought it up not me.

Cool sport.

If that is wrong my bad.

It was wrong as there was nothing be gained by commenting negatively on an inactive board member, as though he was doing something wrong.

Fail.

(thumbs u

And of course that is your opinion.

You hanging out with a seller of restored books as unrestored,knowingly,instead of contacting area boardies.Epic fail. (thumbs u

If that is wrong my bad.

That's OK - you have strong feelings which remain, and that's understandable.

But please consider how you express those feelings impacts others, and how the very person you are holding in your memory would react to such negativity.

There is no negativity towards Paul.He has been in my shop bought books from me and we had a good conversation.

This is making a mountain out of nothing.