• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

best super bowl ever?

45 posts in this topic

I wonder if the panthers bounced their kicker for kicking such an important kickoff out of bounds? I dont think the Pats get in FG range starting at their 20, overtime is decided by a coin flip it could have been anybody's game. I guess janets booby was a sig of the excitement to come (and no I totally missed it but my wife saw it and said nothing till it was all over the news today)

Exactly. The transition from boredom to "edge-of-your-seat" action made it much more thrilling.

Let me guess..... you like Hockey( smirk.gif) better than football, right? 893frustrated.gif

EXACTLY!!! grin.gif Just got back from watching the Canucks game. Unfortunately the 5 game win streak was snapped frown.gif

To Currincomics

Good to share your favorite SB game - I take it you mean SB 13( XIII) when PITT beat DAL 35 - 31. That one was a fairly well-played game, but the PITT Steelers dominated from the very beginning of the game and was crushing DAL 35 - 14. A field goal, then 2 late TD's after the game had been long decided made the game look closer than it actually was. TE Jackie Smith dropped a ball in the endzone for a sure TD, and the sportswriters made a big deal about that, but in actuality, it would not have made much difference. PITT could have shut them down anytime they needed to, and everytime DAL would get close to scoring, the pass rush would return. I can remember how PITT would apply more focus on defense. The 2 late TD's was a result of the Prevent Defense and DAL getting a lucky call on the on-sides kick with less than a minute remaining. However, the best two teams DID make it to the big dance, and made a great rivalry for many seasons. hi.gif

To FLComicFan

I wonder if the panthers bounced their kicker for kicking such an important kickoff out of bounds? I dont think the Pats get in FG range starting at their 20, overtime is decided by a coin flip it could have been anybody's

The CAR CATS just re-signed K Kasay for a great deal. I can assume they will overlook the out-of-bounds kick in this great SuperBowl!

CAL hi.gif

Kasay re-signed by CAR CATS