• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld DEADPOOL & CABLE #25 cover

59 posts in this topic

I know I'll take some heat for this... but I kind of like it (for what it is). It's a nice little tribute cover to everything that was the '90s in comics.
And I though you were cool

:jokealert:lol

Talk a walk with me guys and gals,

In 1993, I was 12 and loved my comic books. School bus would drop me off every two weeks at the dentist office at the front of our neighborhood to get my braces worked on. As soon as I would get done at the dentist, I would walk across the street to my favorite comic shop. I wasn't an every Wednesday regular, but I was there every other Wednesday like clockwork. I got real friendly with the owner (real good friends with his son my age still) and he would pull and hold all kinds of books for me and sell them to me at his cost, no matter how hot or quick they were moving. I had hundreds of books with art just like this cover and LOVED them. It's the art I grew up with. It's the same thing with older collectors that grew up during the golden or silver ages and think that the art from that time is pristine.

It's what I knew as great comic art at the time. I realize now, having matured (that's all kinds of funny on it's own), that much of the art was not that good and was a forced derivative of other hot artists. But this cover kind of encapsulates all of that and reminds me of (somewhat) innocent youth.

In 1993, I was 12 and loved my comic books. School bus would drop me off every two weeks at the dentist office at the front of our neighborhood to get my braces worked on. As soon as I would get done at the dentist, I would walk across the street to my favorite comic shop. I wasn't an every Wednesday regular, but I was there every other Wednesday like clockwork. I got real friendly with the owner (real good friends with his son my age still) and he would pull and hold all kinds of books for me and sell them to me at his cost, no matter how hot or quick they were moving. I had hundreds of books with art just like this cover and LOVED them. It's the art I grew up with. It's the same thing with older collectors that grew up during the golden or silver ages and think that the art from that time is pristine.

It's what I knew as great comic art at the time. I realize now, having matured (that's all kinds of funny on it's own), that much of the art was not that good and was a forced derivative of other hot artists. But this cover kind of encapsulates all of that and reminds me of (somewhat) innocent youth.

I'm not dissing your taste in comics,I just don't like Liefeld's art.But if like it I'm cool with it :cool:

If the cover reminds you of your childhood,I'm cool with that too :cool:

I'm not dissing your taste in comics,I just don't like Liefeld's art.But if like it I'm cool with it :cool:

lol ... now I'm not saying that the cover is tasteful at all... or really all that good. lol

just like it for what it is.

lol ... now I'm not saying that the cover is tasteful at all... or really all that good. lol

just like it for what it is.

Well,at least with Liefeld you know what your getting lol

For what it's worth, I loved the 90s. Moench/Jones on Batman, Knightfall, Dixon/Nolan on Tec, Preacher, Nightwing, Goddess...

Yeah it was overall a bad decade for comics in general, but it was my first real stint at collecting and I loved that time. I still have very fond memories of my comic collecting back then, when we actually had an LCS to go to.

And I didn't I didn't realise you were only 29 Jason!

For what it's worth, I loved the 90s. Moench/Jones on Batman, Knightfall, Dixon/Nolan on Tec, Preacher, Nightwing, Goddess...

Yeah it was overall a bad decade for comics in general, but it was my first real stint at collecting and I loved that time. I still have very fond memories of my comic collecting back then, when we actually had an LCS to go to.

28!!! 28!!!! I've still got 20 months until I hit 30 and the wife trades me in

28!!! 28!!!! I've still got 20 months until I hit 30 and the wife trades me in

:roflmao:

I am 100% on board with Jason on this one. I too was a fan in the early 90's..but as I got older I started to take notes of the mistakes he made. That's why I stopped reading YoungBlood, and Prophet. He just killed it for me.

Now that am 29 (30 in a week or so people!!) I have a little more understanding as to why his artwork sucks...it just does.

I doubt the man can create something originally without it being touched up by a computer. But like stated before, people like it then, and some people will like it now.

I still don't know why.

Oh God. Oh God, please make it stop. Please make the suck stop. Please.

That's not something a guy should say, unless he's stuck to the drain of a swimming pool.