• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld DEADPOOL & CABLE #25 cover

59 posts in this topic

There is so much wrong with that it's obscene.

Where are Deadpool's hands? He wouldn't be able to physically hold Cable like that, he'd drop him.

Cable's lower legs are too short. Way too short.

Deadpool has the smallest groin area ever.

Cable's shoulder joint? hm

Cable's arm is short. Imagine him standing up, he's have trouble reaching his pocket.

Cable looks like Jean Claude van Damme.

For anyone that has heard of the internet battle going on between Peter David and Liefield over Shatterstar...

The old school Shatterstar with ponytail and headgear on the top right is pretty funny.

Also, did anyone else notice the youngblood looking character just to the left of Deadpools left leg?

Good LORD....every single character in the background is conveniently standing behind something that blocks view of their FEET!!

Really Rob? ALL OF THEM???

Don't even get me started that Wolverine has obviously grown from 5 foot 3" to now be taller than Ice Man and Arch Angel.

And since when is Spidey TWO FEET shorter than Iron Man?

Even as someone who couldn't draw and had to take an art class in High School, if I submitted the above artwork the teacher would have sent it back insisting on changes to the missing hands, Cable's horrible arms, and Cable's face. She did not care if you were a good artist or not, but you had to at least know things like where human arms reach, that one is usually the length of the other, etc. I can remember leaning about facial expressions and she definetly would have given me a hard time about Cable's face. How does what would have been unacceptable in my High School art class with a teacher that understood half of us couldn't really draw get printed at Marvel??

Looked up Rob on wiki to see if he still gets work. He started a company called Awesome Comics? lol. Found this part funny:

At Awesome, Liefeld and Loeb attempted to resurrect their unused Captain America plots for a new character, Agent America. This character was nearly identical in appearance and background to Captain America. Under legal pressure from Marvel, Liefeld scrapped Agent America and acquired the rights to Jack Kirby and Joe Simon's Fighting American, updating the design. Liefeld was allowed to publish the book, but legally this new character could not throw his shield, one of Captain America's trademarks.

I actually don't think it's all that bad. It's not my favorite cover of all time but I don't see you guys picking apart any of the other covers that are out. I think if they want the creator to do the cover then that should be okay. It's not like they'll sell less books of the title.

If he's going to draw feet like that then I have no complaints with him hiding them.

I actually don't think it's all that bad. It's not my favorite cover of all time but I don't see you guys picking apart any of the other covers that are out. I think if they want the creator to do the cover then that should be okay. It's not like they'll sell less books of the title.

If he's going to draw feet like that then I have no complaints with him hiding them.

Him hiding them all these years would be one of the main reasons he has not learned how to draw them in the first place.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is classic old school Deadpool and Cable from the New Mutants run. It is about time that Marvel upped its artistic talent by letting Rob and JoeQ draw more covers and/or interiors. Who needs Jim Lee when you can have this instead? :devil:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is classic old school Deadpool and Cable from the New Mutants run. It is about time that Marvel upped its artistic talent by letting Rob and JoeQ draw more covers and/or interiors. Who needs Jim Lee when you can have this instead? :devil:

Hey, I like Joe Q's artwork. Way more talent than Liefeld (from an artistic standpoint; I'm not addressing the horrors he's inflicted as EIC at Marvel).

For anyone that has heard of the internet battle going on between Peter David and Liefield over Shatterstar...

The old school Shatterstar with ponytail and headgear on the top right is pretty funny.

Also, did anyone else notice the youngblood looking character just to the left of Deadpools left leg?

yup, that is Shaft by the leg and Badrock's on the cover too.