• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Mysteries #5 and Black Magic #1

16 posts in this topic

Hard to be exact with that photo, but both look to be 5.0 or better, barring any hidden issues, and the Black Magic could be a s much as 7.0 if those staples aren't rusty ( it looks like they might be).

5.5 and 5.0....always wanted a WM 5 in that shape. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hi Leroy!

How is it these copies of Weird Mysteries #5 keep falling in your lap?

I agree with Jimbo here! Solid midgrade 5.0s! Oh yeah, and put me in line after him when it comes time to hand out copies of WM #5! Can you imagine this on the newstands back in the day. A kid walks up and sees this!! I would throw my dime down on the counter in a heartbeat!

These 2 comics are now in my possession, as well as 650 other early to late 50's comics. About 200 are pre-code horror with a mixture of war, western, crime and romance but very little (less than 5) superhero. Pages range from cream to ow/w, grades range from 1.0 to 7.0. The Weird Mysteries #5 is the best comic in the collection.

I purchased them from the original owner this weekend in Iowa. I will be processing them the next several days and will probably list some in the sales thread and some will go on ebay.

I can usually only answer PMs in the evenings.

Leroy

Tough call. The cover is really nice but the spine and staples have a lot of wear. I'll say 4.0, guessing that the staples are pretty loosely attached.

It is tough to grade from the scan but this comic is very solid feeling and stunning interior condition.

I will post the graded comic this afternoon.

When I sent it in I had it pegged for 5.5 white pages. This is not the grade it received.