• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 DD 158 on ebay

19 posts in this topic

What a freak show; he doesn't put 158 in the title, then mis-spells Daredevel in the description.

This does illustrate a limitation with the search engine, as I used "Daredevil 158" for both Title and Description, yet got nothing back. I always thought it was an either/or kind of deal, but I guess not.

This book would have less bids if he didn't have all of the other candy as well.

TOMB OF DRACULA #10 CGC 9.8 NM/MT

Incredible Hulk Annual #1 CGC 9.6 NM+

Green Lantern #86 CGC 9.8 NM/MT White Pages

X-Men #100 CGC 9.4 NM Off White - White Pages

X-Men #18 CGC 9.4 NM Off White Pages

Daredevil CGC 9.8 NM/MT White Pages

...that's bringing in the traffic. tongue.gif

I don't care what book that is....that is an insane amount to pay for that book. I'm sure you could find some 9.4s to 9.8s kicking around non-cgced for a small fraction of the price...that's just out of hand. ooo.gif

CI, you may be correct that we are in the final stages... but I don't think this auction is all that meaningful of an example. Two 9.8 copies were sold within weeks of each other back in March 2002 and both sold around $900, with my OWW copy going for $915.00. Unless this auction goes around $1100 which I really don't see, not much has changed in the last 8 months...

I am well aware he relisted... since I started a new thread about that less than two minutes after he did so... smile.gif

We'll see what kind of bids he gets this time... now that everyone knows he's willing to cancel an auction when he thinks it's in his best interest...

Well this thread seemed more about the book and its valuation in the market... I started another thread specifically to address the fact that the seller is a jerk who relisted the book well into the auction in violation of eBay policies because he was worried he wouldn't get enough money for it, and therefore demonstrated that he does not see an open auction that has met reserve as a covenant to sell...

We on this forum have little patience for sellers who act in bad faith...

Hence the second thread...

But in response to this thread, yes it is clear that bidding would have exceeded $1000 on the book during its previous run. It will be interesting to see how the 'flaky seller' status affects the sales total... but in a vacuum I am a firm believer this is a $900-1000 book...