• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Anybody Paid a Finder's Fee For Help In Locating A Comic?

3 posts in this topic

This is something I have been known to due on definitely more than one occassion! I have done it with other collectors and dealers for slabbed books.

It has been in the form of a framed marvel print, a slabbed book or a three and in straight cheddar.

Some books were only $25, but hard as hell to find em cause they cost more to have slabbed than their actual value and some were just "non key books" to say the least and only a couple weirdos like myself actually had em slabbed! Take for example Groo marvel books.

Others were key books to many and had a hefty price tag and I wanted them BAD for my personal run types.

Furthermore, I only collect 9.4s pre 1979 and 9.6s post 1980 (yes I have issues but it keeps me in my collecting parameters, the Wife happy and spending limits in check) and say I wanted a 9.4 pre 1979 book and I owned a 9.6 or 9.8 due to either CGC grading it higher than I thought plausible or I ran out of patience waiting for a 9.4 to surface and just pulled the trigger on a 9.6 or 9.8......I have traded flat out to someone who finally found a 9.4 my 9.6 or 9.8 in a form of a "thank-you finding fee."

To me at least, some books mean way more to have in my grubby paws than having to pay a price or deed for a finders fee.

Hope this helps, I could be an anomaly though.