• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Windsor Connecticut Convention February 28

20 posts in this topic

Hi folks, there will be a one day show in East Windsor, Connecticut on Sunday, February 28. Here is the info:

Comic & Collectibles Show and Sale (10am until 3pm). To be held at Golden Gavel Plaza 149 North Road (Route 140) East Windsor, CT 06088 showcasing dealers of Golden, Silver, Bronze, and Modern Age comics, C.C.G, Sports/nonsports cards, Action figures, collectible toys, die cast, paper/pulp collectibles, and Comic card supplies. 99 cent admission-Show & Dealer contact information Scott Pellin (860) 805-7820 or Greg Kalagian (860) 646-8310. Scott can be e-mailed at shel0130@hotmail.com, and Greg can be e-mailed at gkal@msn.com.

Also, please feel free to PM me with any questions you might have regarding directions to the con.

Thanks,

Brian

hm I might be able to make it. Only snag is it's right after the New England Wrestling tournament for Independent schools. SO if my wife will let me run away for a third day in a row... then yeah, I'll definitely try to be there. Nice selection last time and a few boardies to boot!

Took the boy up to Windsor and caught this show. Once again, a great local show to attend for those of you in the area. Very spacious for the size of the crowd (which was healthy during the time I was there) with LOTS of good lighting. It's been nice since the two times I've taken him to a local show (the first time being last month to the Plainville Show), he's done a fine job of relaxing and being happy in the stroller.

I found there to be a nice mix of trade paperbacks, and comics from all ages which is great--kinda get bummed when all I find are the reprints of modern issues from the past two years alone. I also seemed to see a lot of the Fawcett Captain Marvel titles from the Golden Age--nice if you're into them. Plenty of other books from all of the other mainstream titles for Silver-Modern ages as well. Fair spread of wall books--always enjoyable--and lots of long boxes for digging through.

Anyhow fun time and I'm looking forward to the next one! :applause:

Good, fun show for those looking to buy cheap readers. Good show for picking up lots of inexpensive comics for kids. Lots of 50 cent, 2, 3, 4 for a dollar type sellers. I found a pretty nice Conan 24 (1st series) for $8.

I'll probably go again, but my comic soul cries out for dealers to come to CT shows that deal mainly in older comics. Well, at least I have the Boston show in April. Now, that's not to say there wasn't any older books. Certainly there was. It just seems like the 2, 3, 4 for a dollar sellers out numbered them handily.

Good, fun show for those looking to buy cheap readers. Good show for picking up lots of inexpensive comics for kids. Lots of 50 cent, 2, 3, 4 for a dollar type sellers. I found a pretty nice Conan 24 (1st series) for $8.

I'll probably go again, but my comic soul cries out for dealers to come to CT shows that deal mainly in older comics. Well, at least I have the Boston show in April. Now, that's not to say there wasn't any older books. Certainly there was. It just seems like the 2, 3, 4 for a dollar sellers out numbered them handily.

Yeah, probably 5-8 of these long boxes per 1 Bronze-Silver long box. When were you there? I was the dude with the stroller from about 12:30--1:45pm ( in case you didn't recognize me w/o my ballcap ;) )

Yeah, probably 5-8 of these long boxes per 1 Bronze-Silver long box. When were you there? I was the dude with the stroller from about 12:30--1:45pm ( in case you didn't recognize me w/o my ballcap ;) )

Attendance was much better than the last show, almost double. I was told that last show had about 140 paid and this one had about 260.

I think I might have seen you there, iirc there was only one guy with a boy in a stroller. (Is he big for his age?) I was with my wife and had my little blonde boy that looks like Butters on a monkey leash (it's a little monkey backpack that has a "tail" that's a leash :grin:)

There was a dealer there was some nice original art, I don't see that much at CT shows. He had a bunch of slabbed books too, maybe a Board member? I didn't recognize him, and I see the same dealers at every show (many since Hal the Bookie's East Hartford shows).

Yeah, my boy is plenty big for his age--only 7 1/2 months old but typically gets mistaken for being a year old! lol

I think I remember seeing a woman with her little boy come up and smile and wave at Noah. I wonder if that was your wife and son? hm

That dealer (I'm totally blanking on his name doh! ) recently started coming to the Plainville shows as well--this being his first at the GG and he's a really cool guy. We chatted a little the last time, but today I think we spent a good 20+ minutes chatting about the SA and GA markets. And it's really nice because he brings a lot of good artwork--especially Savage Sword of Conan.

Sorry we didn't link up but chances are good I'll still be the guy with the stroller next time so feel free to say hi! :grin:

Yeah, my boy is plenty big for his age--only 7 1/2 months old but typically gets mistaken for being a year old! lol

I think I remember seeing a woman with her little boy come up and smile and wave at Noah. I wonder if that was your wife and son? hm

That dealer (I'm totally blanking on his name doh! ) recently started coming to the Plainville shows as well--this being his first at the GG and he's a really cool guy. We chatted a little the last time, but today I think we spent a good 20+ minutes chatting about the SA and GA markets. And it's really nice because he brings a lot of good artwork--especially Savage Sword of Conan.

Sorry we didn't link up but chances are good I'll still be the guy with the stroller next time so feel free to say hi! :grin:

Yup, that was my wife and kid :) (He was wearing a Spider-Man shirt) I saw you at my friend Greg's Kalagian's table (Armenian guy who co-runs the show). Ryan was saying hi to all the kids at the show. We were trying to figure out how old your son was, he's a bruiser! (And I mean that as a compliment, I wish my kid had a little more meat on his bones). Next time I see you at a show I'll say Hi :hi:

When were you there? I was the dude with the stroller from about 12:30--1:45pm ( in case you didn't recognize me w/o my ballcap ;) )

I think I was gone by then. I like to get to the shows as early to opening as I can.

Attendance was much better than the last show, almost double. I was told that last show had about 140 paid and this one had about 260.

Good news! Hopefully, it will continue to climb. We need more shows in CT.

There's one in Waterbury at that time and also one March 7 in New Haven with Ron Garney as the special guest.

I know they're smaller shows by comparison, but I love the fact that there is a rise in the number of shows here in CT. We certainly have the collectors for it! :headbang: