• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REDUCED PRICING: 2 - AF #15's,FF #1, ASM #121 & 122

65 posts in this topic

If I dropped a :takeit: in a thread, and the seller then acknowledged the sale and thanked me in the thread, but decided to renege because he got another offer I would be mightily p.o.'d.

It doesn't matter if you didn't check your email from the night before. You hadn't already agreed to the other deal when you told Brent he had the books. doh!

First you send that outrageously obnoxious email to George and now this. Good goin'. (thumbs u

He responded to my PMs last night and this morning just fine. Somehow he missed the other PM last night with the $250 offer.

He even sent me the invoice telling me where to send paypal funds before telling me the books were now sold to someone else an hour later. What a waste of time.

Poor judgment on fedoraman's part in this transaction. But it's not the end of the world as we know it.

I don't quite understand all the drama here.

I lost track of the PM from highfivephase the night before - I have been inundated with emails, phone calls and PM's due to the popularity of these books.

I also have an outside life with a full time job and 4 daughters ranging in age from 15 to 2. My wife has been ill the last week to top it all off.

I made a mistake - I apologized to qualitycomix and asked if there was any way to make things right for him in a PM. He said, "Eh, I'm just disappointed because I wasted my time."

He then proceeded to post in the open forum and aired this dirty laundry in public.

I don't get it.

Once again, I apologize for my error but in all fairness highfivephase made the offer first and in my mind at the time made the most sense of fairness to sell to him.

If I have broken a rule or hurt your feelings qualitycomix, I offer - once again - to find some way to make things right.

As to the other comments about the email - your right, last year I stuck my foot in my mouth all the way to the knee. I made ammendments for that situation and have offered twice to correct this situation.

I don't quite understand all the drama here.

I lost track of the PM from highfivephase the night before - I have been inundated with emails, phone calls and PM's due to the popularity of these books.

I also have an outside life with a full time job and 4 daughters ranging in age from 15 to 2. My wife has been ill the last week to top it all off.

I made a mistake - I apologized to qualitycomix and asked if there was any way to make things right for him in a PM. He said, "Eh, I'm just disappointed because I wasted my time."

He then proceeded to post in the open forum and aired this dirty laundry in public.

I don't get it.

Once again, I apologize for my error but in all fairness highfivephase made the offer first and in my mind at the time made the most sense of fairness to sell to him.

If I have broken a rule or hurt your feelings qualitycomix, I offer - once again - to find some way to make things right.

As to the other comments about the email - your right, last year I stuck my foot in my mouth all the way to the knee. I made ammendments for that situation and have offered twice to correct this situation.

This is the first time in the time I've been on the boards that I've bought a book, had payment asked of me via PM and then had the books pulled out from underneath me.

To add to it, you accuse me of airing dirty laundry. I thought it disengenuous to not to post something about what had happened in the thread. I thought it best if others know of your business practices and the way you handle :takeit: .

Not the end of the world, as others have said. Just a waste of time and a heads up to others who want to buy from you.

Okay, so I’m sure somebody is going to tell me this isn’t a proper analogy but I’m going to make it anyway.

In other words, you guys (not Brent of course) think it’s alright to renege on a deal if you’re the seller. What if the situation was reversed. Say Brent posted I’ll take it, you thanked him and acknowledged the sale within the thread, and exchanged payment info, but before the money changed hands Brent said, “Oh. I just realized somebody else posted these books in an earlier thread that I missed. I’m not going to take yours because I’m going to buy from that guy because I like that deal better.” I assume that would be okay, too?

Okay, so I’m sure somebody is going to tell me this isn’t a proper analogy but I’m going to make it anyway.

In other words, you guys (not Brent of course) think it’s alright to renege on a deal if you’re the seller. What if the situation was reversed. Say Brent posted I’ll take it, you thanked him and acknowledged the sale within the thread, and exchanged payment info, but before the money changed hands Brent said, “Oh. I just realized somebody else posted these books in an earlier thread that I missed. I’m not going to take yours because I’m going to buy from that guy because I like that deal better.” I assume that would be okay, too?

If Brent's offer was refused because a better offer came along than this sucks to heaven but we can't assume that. It is quite likely that this is a simple mistake. happens and we all make mistakes.

If I dropped a :takeit: in a thread, and the seller then acknowledged the sale and thanked me in the thread, but decided to renege because he got another offer I would be mightily p.o.'d.

It doesn't matter if you didn't check your email from the night before. You hadn't already agreed to the other deal when you told Brent he had the books. doh!

First you send that outrageously obnoxious email to George and now this. Good goin'. (thumbs u

:sumo:

That analogy sounds nothing like this situation.

How would you feel if you were the rightful purchaser with a timestamped pm the night before? It sucks Brent had some of his time wasted. Seems like Jeff just made a mistake but ultimately the book will end up where it should imo.

:takeit: ASM 121 and 122

SOLD - Thank you!

WHAT'S LEFT:

Fantstic Four #1 $500

Amazing Fantasy #15 $500

Combine the two for $950

Amazing Fantasy #15 Copy B with tape on cover $1000 (includes free reprocover)

Amazing Spider-Man #1 Cover with Re-Creation $300

this threads sums it up, you agreed to sell to brent then pull out later. :preach:

How would you feel if you were the rightful purchaser with a timestamped pm the night before?

That's why most sellers put a " :takeit: rules/takes precedence over PMs", and why many of us would like to add that to the CGC Guidelines, as it removes the BS we've seen in this thread. You either hit the BIN and win for sure, or you choose to take a chance with a PM.

If someone hits the BIN before your PM is read, then tough tittie said the kitty, we're all out of milk. You snooze, you lose.

If you want to run a "PM-Only Sale" then state so up-front, and only take offers via PM with no in-thread posts being accepted.

Anyone playing the "PM offer game" while *also* selling them in an active BIN thread deserves all the abuse he gets.

How would you feel if you were the rightful purchaser with a timestamped pm the night before?

That's why most sellers put a " :takeit: rules/takes precedence over PMs", and why many of us would like to add that to the CGC Guidelines, as it removes the BS we've seen in this thread. You either hit the BIN and win for sure, or you choose to take a chance with a PM.

If someone hits the BIN before your PM is read, then tough tittie said the kitty, we're all out of milk. You snooze, you lose.

If you want to run a "PM-Only Sale" then state so up-front, and only take offers via PM with no in-thread posts being accepted.

Anyone playing the "PM offer game" while *also* selling them in an active BIN thread deserves all the abuse he gets.

I agree with this although I forget to put that note all the time...PMs are usually for one of two things...a lower offer than the BIN price or a request to pay full-price with time payments...

I think if it's the 2nd of the two, offering to pay full-price but asking for time payments (which should really be done through PM or post, not hitting the :takeit: and then springing on the seller, oh btw I need a month to pay for it) the person should post the :takeit: per PM (which is what I do) and that should stand if you weren't asking for a discount... 2c

If the person doesn't post the :takeit: per PM they haven't protected themselves from being trumped IMO...

I agree with this although I forget to put that note all the time...PMs are usually for one of two things...a lower offer than the BIN price or a request to pay full-price with time payments...

I think if it's the 2nd of the two, offering to pay full-price but asking for time payments (which should really be done through PM or post, not hitting the :takeit: and then springing on the seller, oh btw I need a month to pay for it) the person should post the :takeit: per PM (which is what I do) and that should stand if you weren't asking for a discount... 2c

If the person doesn't post the :takeit: per PM they haven't protected themselves from being trumped IMO...

A while back I posted the :takeit: in a PM, no wheeling and dealing, no time payments or such just a straight :takeit: .

The seller accepted my :takeit: but then got some whiny person_without_enough_empathy pming him that I did not post the :takeit: in the thread so he reversed the sale 10 hours later and sold to the whiny person_without_enough_empathy.

The quality of sellers with standards has dropped a lot IMHO.

Why not just post the :takeit: in the thread, or post the :takeit: in the thread after your PM had been accepted... hm come to think of it, if your PM had no lowball offers or other conditions, why not post the :takeit: in the thread?

Why not just post the :takeit: in the thread, or post the :takeit: in the thread after your PM had been accepted... hm come to think of it, if your PM had no lowball offers or other conditions, why not post the :takeit: in the thread?

I didn't feel like it. (shrug)

But the other has happened to me I posted the :takeit: in the thread but was beat by a PM. The seller asked what to do in the situation and I told them that if the PM was first then they won the book.