• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any fans of Tom Strong here?

16 posts in this topic

Just read the first 16 issues and haven't enjoyed a comic so thoroughly in years. Pure fun and the homages to comicdom are legion.

My favorite is the slime monster that gurgles Sqatront. (thumbs u

The parody covers are great as well as are the constant Capt Marvel asides.

92717.jpg.f793b4799e49c3cbd1fa8d375b983336.jpg

The series was great - along with all ABC stuff. Promethea was a little deep for me. Love the Tom B Quick (I think - memory suxx) Town Called Puberty story.

there's a forum for modern comics that would be better suited for this thread. you're likely to find someone who hangs out there that knows all things tom strong.
I asked a simple question in a humble manner in the bronze forum, and haven't had a response in a week. I think you're trying to get rid of him, and me (tsk) .

there's a forum for modern comics that would be better suited for this thread. you're likely to find someone who hangs out there that knows all things tom strong.
I asked a simple question in a humble manner in the bronze forum, and haven't had a response in a week. I think you're trying to get rid of him, and me (tsk) .

I ignore traffic cops.

Great series as Mr Moore developed what he'd done with Supreme and just had some fun with it. Make sure you pick up the Terra Obscura books as well.

4061_400x600.jpg

THanks for the heads up. Tom Strong is the only ABC series I am familiar with.

Try Top Ten and the spin-offs (Smax, 49ers).

Promethea is really good for the first 20 or so issues but then it gets quite esoteric and is not easy reading in any shape at all - still worthwhile though.

The Tomorrow Stories issues are a good read as well, various characters like Jack B Quick and Cobweb (yummy!).

See if you can get the two Supreme trades by Moore as they are in a similar vein to Tom Strong.