• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT THE HELL.....

67 posts in this topic

Take the recent example of Ian's "lynching party" re: his phone call to Christine, the other DC completionist. The first few pages of that thread are just pot-shots from people who for whatever reason decided Ian should be condemned for making an unsolicited phone call and then making an offhand (rude?) comment or two about Christine. When I 'came to Ian's defense' (not that he needs defending), I got lambasted for having a different opinion and pointing out the triviality of what Ian had done and how he was taking endless crapola for practically nothing. Not exactly the foundation for a reasoned discussion.

Ian had no problem with holding back his opinion of Christine, and the whole issue, so I didn't hold back mine. I don't care that you didn't agree with me, but I took issue with the fact that you over-simplified the argument some of us were trying to make, and made it seem like we were harping on some trivial point. Then, when I try to explain my position, you respond with a sleeping.gif. Is that the foundation for a reasoned discussion? You can cut the hypocracy in the air around here with a knife.

Think back to your childhood, when you'd occasionally encounter a bully in the sandbox or on the playground, who would terrorize the other, generally smaller kids for the simple, sadistic pleasure of seeing them cower, or just because he could. These boards sometimes become the text-based equivalent, except that we're all supposedly adults here.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a bully. All my posts about mutual respect and acting mature are ignored, and I'm even criticized for being a "square" and "acting superior". And one of the few times I get into a minor disagreement with someone that flames out, I'm a bully. Or as MOS once told me because I disagreed with his little $2 shipping problem, I'm a woman beating bully who's used to getting his way with physical force, 893blahblah.gif. And when I try to present my posts in a reasonable way, I'm being "passive-aggressive".

Well, this bully's leaving the sandbox. Your lunch money is safe.

It's all because Bug was banned...

I thought YOU were Bug? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Only on Tuesday nights when Joanna goes bowling.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

So you admit to being a cross-dresser in your Bug persona? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The mystery deepens.............. and we're all emsmallened for it.

Does this mean I don't have to feel guilty about laughing at you any more?

C'mon MK,

We all know you never felt guilty....

sorry.gif It's true... but I was fully aware that if I were a lesser being that I would, in fact, feel some amount of remorse.

That being said, why don't you go make another one of your funny mop-handle "Star Wars" movies, young Jedi?

AK,

Please don't pull another disappearing act. You have much to contribute to these boards.....and are one of the few locals I liked when I first got here. thumbsup2.gif

Beyonder: "I love YOU, AK."

COI: "No, I love YOU, Beyonder."

Beyonder: "No, I love YOU, AK."

(Part II: "Greggy Comes Home" coming soon.)

Well, this bully's leaving the sandbox. Your lunch money is safe.

I'd say that a sandbox is at times an accurate analogy for some of the playground politics that is witnessed on these boards (and I'm not saying I'm detached from this, either).

Captain, you make some valid points. The only criticism I'd aim at yourself or several other high profile Forumites would probably be that seriousness and intensity about subjects can sometimes spiral out of proportion. All this does is lead to circular arguments, drawn out threads and accusations of trivializing.

It's the nature of the beast. a lot of nuance gets missed in posts, plus people feel empowered by the distance between them and any rival or perceived enemy. Intenet message boards have their limitations.

Me, I just want to entertain if I can. I just can't be as serious about comics as some of you gentlemen, at least not for sustained periods.

Why did I know that you would do that? tongue.gif

Don't be jealous MK. flowerred.gif

Jealous?!? We'll see who's jealous after Greggy has you apply his special "lotion" to his very chapped inner thighs tonight! What, you thought he could walk around in shorts like those all day in a Canadian winter and not get chapped like 'House's hands at a high school girl's volleyball game?

No replies on the entire board in over an hour????

I started to get a little lightheaded,...then finally just curled up in a ball under my desk and cried.....

I was wearing latex gloves and fondling my next batch of pre-screens...

I come back and find the entire board died...

Did the coinees launch a preemptive strike?