• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm # 9

8 posts in this topic

picked this up as a 3.0

im pretty happy with it actually

but i don't think its quite a 3.0 (im thinkin 2.0-2.5)

unfortunately it has a killer tape pull

as long as its over 2.0 im prob gonna slab it just for present-ability

asm9fc.jpg

asm9bc.jpg

I wouldn't slab it. Economically it makes little sense. I think it is a 1.8-2.0 as well but it could easily get a 1.5 and then what. My thinking is that the entire point to buying low grade or beaters is to flip through them every now and then.

It is a great book with no pieces missing and a decent front cover. Put it in a mylar with a backing board.

I wouldn't slab it. Economically it makes little sense. I think it is a 1.8-2.0 as well but it could easily get a 1.5 and then what. My thinking is that the entire point to buying low grade or beaters is to flip through them every now and then.

It is a great book with no pieces missing and a decent front cover. Put it in a mylar with a backing board.

(thumbs u

well if i slabbed it wouldnt it be easier to sell if i decided to do so?

considering a purple label would make this book worth maybe $20, and a blue makes it worth $118 according to osp (shrug)

im all for saving the $30 by not slabbing

just curious whats considered a slabbable grade for a sa book

A purple label would go for quite a bit more than $20. I'd guess the difference might be $70 vs $110 so the $30 slab (plus postage etc) makes it a wash. Plus it could get a purple label if any chemicals were used in de taping the book or if there happens to be minor color touch etc etc.

Point is, we're really quibbling over a couple bucks and the enjoyment of rifling through these single digit Spidey's is sorta the whole point IMO.

OK an AF 15 or ASM 1 2 3 or 14 might be justified(maybe). But this book will sell all day long at 20% below guide. And as mentioned the front cover is very attractive for a Good.

Ed

A purple label would go for quite a bit more than $20. I'd guess the difference might be $70 vs $110 so the $30 slab (plus postage etc) makes it a wash. Plus it could get a purple label if any chemicals were used in de taping the book or if there happens to be minor color touch etc etc.

Point is, we're really quibbling over a couple bucks and the enjoyment of rifling through these single digit Spidey's is sorta the whole point IMO.

OK an AF 15 or ASM 1 2 3 or 14 might be justified(maybe). But this book will sell all day long at 20% below guide. And as mentioned the front cover is very attractive for a Good.

Ed

fair enough, no slab for electro lol