• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- Need a lawyers assistance

3 posts in this topic

Being what seems an overabundance of lawyers on these boards who are fellow collectors I have a couple of questions that I would like some assistance with.

I manage a charity organization that has been called upon to assist a family known to one of our employees here at work. He was in a horrific mororcycle accident over the holidays and came close to dying. Fortunately, he survived but has extensive injuries which will require months, if not years of therapy. He is a single guy in his mid 30's with no assets to speak of and no insurance. He is in the process of qualifying for disability and SS, but as we all know these things take time. He is home with his family and the social workers are helping with securing a rehab facility for him, but people have contacted the family to offer some financial assistance but they feel it would be prudent to set up some kind of trust for his benefit so that they could properly assist him. They have contacted lawyers in the area ( Sarasota, Fla. ) and they wanted a lot of money to set up the trust. I was wondering if there are any lawyers who work in Fla. who could assist this family in setting up the trust at a reduced or more favorable rate. Anyone willing to help in this matter please feel free to PM me and we can speak further on the matter.

Thanks

I'm not an estate lawyer, but this sounds like a simple trust. You may want to talk to a local bank about it. Also, here in California we have a company called Nolo Press that produces law books for lay people. Their books are mostly California-specific, but you may want to check for a Florida-based company, or see if Nolo has a trusts and estates book.