• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Carbonaro's New York Comic Book Marketplace

84 posts in this topic

crowd was not bad at all.

I am not sure if Rich got you sketches on WTC covers.......that I may have left before that happened....me- I got NO sketches at all..........I am saving all of my $$ to get Stan to sign a bunch more books.

If Jim Starlin were there and had reasonable prices I would of gone after a Thanos.

yeah I felt really cr@ppy today. I have been fighting a cold.

Bill S. had a sketch list open I know. I did not have the coin to throw down for a full figure though............

I think it was my first con where I did not even bother to get a sketchcover done.

Out of curiosity what were his prices? He is coming to Miami in June and I might be interested in getting a sketch from him

I am not sure if Rich got you sketches on WTC covers.......that I may have left before that happened....me- I got NO sketches at all..........I am saving all of my $$ to get Stan to sign a bunch more books.

If Jim Starlin were there and had reasonable prices I would of gone after a Thanos.

What about the JH Williams III

Guys...Longest

Day

EVER.

God Bless Mr Mylar Mike J. and Cos for helping me out, and NYcomics, I wouldn't have gotten a fraction done of what I DID do , and I STILL didn't get it all done.

Holy crow.

And Glen...to put your mind at ease...Bill Sienkiewicz did a DD SKETCH....and I mean a 5 min SKETCH for a guy on a blank cover for $300....and we were ...um...really?

Guys...Longest

Day

EVER.

God Bless Mr Mylar Mike J. and Cos for helping me out, and NYcomics, I wouldn't have gotten a fraction done of what I DID do , and I STILL didn't get it all done.

Holy crow.

And Glen...to put your mind at ease...Bill Sienkiewicz did a DD SKETCH....and I mean a 5 min SKETCH for a guy on a blank cover for $300....and we were ...um...really?

Rich is the MAN

I've never seen someone work so hard in my life... (worship)

What about the JH Williams III

Well that fell through. The one friggin sketch I tried to setup fell through.

The show was decent,plenty of discounts.

Did say high to friends though,Mike (Golden) was there which is always a treat.

No Marvel 70th covers anywhere but did snag these:

Makes me anxious for the BIG shows.:)

You need blanks? I have 5 secret invasion cover blanks you can have if you want. PM your address Ill throw them in the mail.

The show was decent,plenty of discounts.

Did say high to friends though,Mike (Golden) was there which is always a treat.

Hey Anthony, did you work the show as a guest artist (work) or were you there simply as an attendee (play)?

Are you sure about that? I saw him doing drawings for various prices. He would ask the buyer what they wanted to pay ... it ranged from $50 to $500 (or maybe more). Obviously he put in an amount of time commensurate to the price, which seemed pretty darn reasonable to me. I definitely saw him doing stuff for much less than $300. All of the prices were included in the sketch list.

I've got a Flash fighting Mirror Master coming from him in about a month, I'm so psyched!