• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TOS #38

18 posts in this topic

OK. Here's a tough one (at least for me...). At first glance a real nice copy right? Real nice spine, sharp colors & inks, white pages, nice staples etc, etc.

tos38.jpg

BUT....although it is hard to see here there is a very clean 1" tear at the bottom that extends throughout the entire book.

tos38d.jpg

Then, the back cover- true misery! Two pieces missing - the one at the top is approx. 2" wide and the one at the bottom is approx. 1" by 1". A good portion of the back cover also shows considerable tanning:

tos38a.jpg

tos38b.jpg

tos38c.jpg

A really difficult one IMO. Thanks in advance!

WOW...unbelievable FC with those BC issues...reminds me of some of the eBay "HG" books I bought back in the day and was completely stoked when the book arrived in the mylar only to turn it over and see some nightmare issue...like obviously the seller had never taken the book out of the bag... doh!:tonofbricks:

A very interesting book to grade for sure...I'd probably go G/VG with notes...not sure what CGC would go... (shrug)

like krypto says, keep it in the mylar and impress your friends...

reminds me of some of the eBay "HG" books I bought back in the day and was completely stoked when the book arrived in the mylar only to turn it over and see some nightmare issue

lol. You took the words right out of my mouth except this wasn't "back in the day". The sellers description:

this nice comic is in very nice shape. it has good color and cover gloss. back cover has flaw and tiny rip goes thru part of book on bottom. white pages and flat.

I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I should know better but thought I would take a chance on it. Thank the Gods it was only $25 or so....

Maybe I can persuade the genie on the front cover to give me a new back cover.....

lol

I have a copy,and your colours on the front are GREAT...

no chipping either!

How much for your back cover?

I'll trade you for your front cover..

the ol' switcheroo....

ah,I watch Seinfeld at least twice a day....

lol

I have a copy,and your colours on the front are GREAT...

no chipping either!

How much for your back cover?

I'll trade you for your front cover..

the ol' switcheroo....

ah,I watch Seinfeld at least twice a day....

Very nice! I've always found Pastrami to be the most sensual of the cured meats....