• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone gunning for books in the new Pedigree auction?

63 posts in this topic

When it comes to post-1964 SA Marvels, 9.4 is the new 9.2 and 9.6 is the new 9.4.

Seriously...I agree with you...but it's just stupid to me...there's still only a handful of these books in 9.4 - 9.6...forget the 9.8s they're still just not there...and it's like we've seen 6 months or less erase a graph that has seen fairly even incremental increases over the last 10 years... (shrug)

When it comes to post-1964 SA Marvels, 9.4 is the new 9.2 and 9.6 is the new 9.4.

Seriously...I agree with you...but it's just stupid to me...there's still only a handful of these books in 9.4 - 9.6...forget the 9.8s they're still just not there...and it's like we've seen 6 months or less erase a graph that has seen fairly even incremental increases over the last 10 years... (shrug)

It is not going to bother me if that is the case. 9.4 is just fine for me and if they are cheaper because the new threashold is now at 9.6 then I get books I love for less money.

A win win in my opinion

It is not going to bother me if that is the case. 9.4 is just fine for me and if they are cheaper because the new threashold is now at 9.6 then I get books I love for less money.

A win win in my opinion

I haven't formulated a deduction yet...just trying to gauge if a correction is underway, the bottom is falling out, or comic money is shifting to other books...

true, 9.4s coming down in price works for me, and most of us, as well...it would be interesting on the dealer/investor/seller side to hear their opinions...anamoly or correction? ???

Last Spidey for now...pretty significant on this one...

Last GPA recorded sale $4200 Mar 2009...

over a 50% price reduction on today's winning bid of $1827! (:hm

I find it even more interesting that no one wants to pay more then 175 for the

same issue in 9.4 "but with a date stamp". With that kind of disparity no wonder it

dropped by 50%. Even a top pop cannot keep going up up and away.

edited to add: the date stamp i noticed after posting. perhaps that was the reason

for the lack of interest.

and the $30 press job on the Mound City Metal Men #1 results in a 40,000% rate of return.

I can't believe a 9.8 Metal Men #1 went for that much. Even if it were a pristine, untouched Curator 9.8 #1, as opposed to a manufactured MC 9.8 #1.

I wonder if the buyer realizes it's not even their first appearance? lol

They really need a head-shaking graemlin.

I haven't formulated a deduction yet...just trying to gauge if a correction is underway, the bottom is falling out, or comic money is shifting to other books...

Comic money isn't shifting to other books, it's shifting upwards to higher grades of the same books. So there is a correction in the lower grades because the previous buyers who were driving up those grades are now chasing the higher grades and at best not competing for the lower grade copies or at worst dumping their lower grade copies.

Further madness...

FF 32 9.6 COW pp...a fairly common book I might add...for $2161...

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=30032

ff32ga7.jpg

vs the Mass Copy at 9.4 OW pp for $1000...

(Mass copy sold previously in May 08 for $1300...)

you can say what you will but this is a COMPLETE example of upper-left-hand-number-inanity...

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=29820

29820.jpg

Last Spidey for now...pretty significant on this one...

Last GPA recorded sale $4200 Mar 2009...

over a 50% price reduction on today's winning bid of $1827! (:hm

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=28330

asm100pm.jpg

there's a few that have gone for 2k in 09, but this is a good deal nonetheless. person that paid almost 7k is probably kicking himself in head