• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,536 posts in this topic

My reasoning for thinking the Pedigree copy will go for more is overall eye appeal and the page quality. Yes, the CL copy is better centered but the flaw on the bottom right corner, as Nick pointed out and the eye appeal is lesser imo. And the slight miswrap on the Ped. copy is from front to back which is much more appealing to me than back to front.

Of course I might be wrong on my prediction on final hammer price. They are both exceptional copies and I'd love to own either. (thumbs u

I agree with you, the Pedigree copy has more eye appeal and should go for more. Both copies are special. Maybe I'll own a nice copy someday with anywhere near the same appeal as either of those, though certainly a few grades lower!

I'm SHOCKED at the price that 8.5 got in the Clink auction last night!

Almost 14k for maybe the worst miswrapped #1 i've ever seen. #1's are definitely getting VERY strong prices lately.

Yeah, it was hanging out pretty low in the 7-8k range for the longest time then bang!

I definitely didnt think it would jump nearly that high.

btw,

What the hell happened to the 9.4? I dont see it on the auction list anymore? ???

Yeah, it was hanging out pretty low in the 7-8k range for the longest time then bang!

btw,

What the hell happened to the 9.4? I dont see it on the auction list anymore? ???

THe 9.4 sold for $100k I believe reserve not met. I've seen that bad miswrapped 8.5 before. I think it was previously auctioned before and sold under $10k if I am not mistaken. Anyhow, seems like X-Men #1 is on the rise!

btw,

THe 9.4 sold for $100k I believe reserve not met. I've seen that bad miswrapped 8.5 before. I think it was previously auctioned before and sold under $10k if I am not mistaken. Anyhow, seems like X-Men #1 is on the rise!

rise? one sale is meaningless...just as the X-men 9.6 for $200k didn't pull the 9.4 any higher than it was 18 months ago.

that 4.5 on Ebay is just an outlier as far as I am concern..I am sure if the winner is is aware of the 4.5 on CL today, he will throw up in his mouth.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dx%2Dmen%26x%3D19%26y%3D10%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D2%23Item%5F881924&id=881924

btw,

rise? one sale is meaningless...just as the X-men 9.6 for $200k didn't pull the 9.4 any higher than it was 18 months ago.

that 4.5 on Ebay is just an outlier as far as I am concern..I am sure if the winner is is aware of the 4.5 on CL today, he will throw up in his mouth.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dx%2Dmen%26x%3D19%26y%3D10%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D2%23Item%5F881924&id=881924

I know it may be the highest price paid for a 4.5 (CL as of yesterday), but that CL copy is very sharp with no chips and markings visible. Definitely a premium over other 4.5. Yeah, that Ebay 4.5 is :screwy:2c

Edited by showcase22gr1959

btw,

You dont think the last couple 8.5 sales show a rise? Didnt a 8.5 go for like 16k a few weeks ago and that one last night getting almost 14k SHOCKED me for sure. I would have guessed 10-11 absolute max for that copy.

nope

2 8.5 sales in 2010: 12,250 and 11,350

2 8.5 sales so far in 2011: 16,400 and 13,740(for a FUGLY copy)

What would qualify as a rise then? granted its only 2 sales but were not talking a Hulk 181 here. There arent going to be 100 sales this year. Those seem like pretty damn strong prices to me.

it makes me wanna throw up, I sold my 5.0 copy last year for just $1,750. doh!

The 9.4/9.6 prices seem to rise in tandem...traditionally 9.4 copies have sold for 1/2 of what 9.6 copies sell for, or visa versa. So if one sells the other adjusts to that price spread.

As far as 8.5 prices, that GPA sale @ $12K was ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. I don't know which copy that was but it was either fugly or the buyer got lucky, as he bought that CGC 8.5 book at basically what is almost 8.0 price. With 8.0 copies selling in the $11K range and CGC 9.0 copies selling in the $25-30K range, CGC 8.5 copies should have been at mid teens all along as far as I'm concerned.

The market is just get caught up in that regard.

it makes me wanna throw up, I sold my 5.0 copy last year for just $1,750. doh!

At least it's in a good home.

:cloud9: