• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,536 posts in this topic

Okay, so my X-Men 1 is fully graded: 1.0 Restored SP, Cover trimmed/married, Signed by Jack Kirby on first page. Can anyone take a stab at what the FMV on what such a book might be? I'm wondering if the price I paid for it last summer is fair or not.

12 month GPA average for a Blue 1.0 is $504; based on sales in previous years I’d say an unmolested copy is about a $400 - $500 book.

A trimmed 1.0 sold for $356 in 2006 and a PLOD MA copy sold for $375 in 2010.

:foryou:

12 month GPA average for a Blue 1.0 is $504; based on sales in previous years I’d say an unmolested copy is about a $400 - $500 book.

A trimmed 1.0 sold for $356 in 2006 and a PLOD MA copy sold for $375 in 2010.

:foryou:

Thanks! I think I paid about $430 so I didn't get royally screwed or anything.

So.... my X-Men #1

X-Men1851051097001.jpg

has found a new home:

Enjoy it Racer-X!

Thanks Marco - I love it - An 8.5 that truly looks like an 8.5 - and at a good price and super-fast shipping from the Great White North. Wish all transactions were this hassle-free! Best, Rich

So.... my X-Men #1

X-Men1851051097001.jpg

has found a new home:

Enjoy it Racer-X!

Thanks Marco - I love it - An 8.5 that truly looks like an 8.5 - and at a good price and super-fast shipping from the Great White North. Wish all transactions were this hassle-free! Best, Rich

What an AWESOME copy - congrats. :applause:

Wondering what you all think is a fair price for this X-Men 1, 9.2. Yes, I know it could vary widely, and it's worth what someone will pay, blah, blah. I also know all the GPA stats on it. But wondering what you think is a low price, a fair price, and a high price for it...

Xmen1CGC92fc.jpg

Xmen1CGC92bc.jpg

Edited by Racer-X

I regret to be the underbidder for that book when it was a 9.0 :tonofbricks:

I didn't go strong on it because the green color was kind of wonky on the book and emailed a few boardies about that issue.

When the census showed a disappearing of a 9.0 and a new 9.2, I had a strong hunch that it was this copy.

I didn't go strong on it because the green color was kind of wonky on the book and emailed a few boardies about that issue.

When the census showed a disappearing of a 9.0 and a new 9.2, I had a strong hunch that it was this copy.

Ah - so glad I ask the board these things. I didn't even notice! You're right - what's with those greens?? So you're saying the was a 9.0 that got re-subbed and got a 9.2?

Edited by Racer-X

Ah - so glad I ask the board these things. I didn't even notice! You're right - what's with those greens?? So you're saying the was a 9.0 that got re-subbed and got a 9.2?

This is very interesting - go back 3 pages and take another look at my raw copy, it has the same greens as this 9.2. :o

This is very interesting - go back 3 pages and take another look at my raw copy, it has the same greens as this 9.2. :o

but who's to say which are the "right" greens? is it the popular conception that your copy (nice btw) and this 9.2's greens are indeed "wonky"?

actually - just went on ebay and checked out a lot of X-Men 1 - all grades, CGC and raw - and a number of them had this lighter green color...

and the copy shown in GCD also has the lighter green... ??

Edited by Racer-X

but who's to say which are the "right" greens? is it the popular conception that your copy (nice btw) and this 9.2's greens are indeed "wonky"?

I've gone back thru this thread and would have to say that the darker green seems to show up more BUT the Pacific Coast 9.6 with W pages is "Wonky Green" as well (pg 37 in this thread)... :acclaim::applause: Thank God...