• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,536 posts in this topic

I am starting to think more and more that this book may bump in value in the near future. In a few other threads there were quite a few people looking to pick one up. X-Men was a big book throughout the latter part of last century and those individuals are getting more disposable income.

I totally agree. I was into comics as a kid (in the 90s) , subscribed to Wizard, etc.

I didn't know what AF15 was until I started lurking this board a few weeks ago.

Before I started reading up on the SA Keys, in my mind X-men 1 would be my ultimate "dream book". I mean it honestly still is (even though I somehow want an AF15 , too!)

The popular characters of the present, 10 yrs ago, and 20 yrs ago, should be somewhat a relative driver of future demand. (Especially if we are comparing blue chip characters to blue chip characters... X-men and of course Spidey were big in the 90s... I don't remember any of my 12yo buddies thinking the Fantastic Four were cool!)... just one anecdote but bottom line I consider X-men to be very top tier in terms of mainstream cultural staying power. Would put Batman and Spidey in the same boat.

I am starting to think more and more that this book may bump in value in the near future. In a few other threads there were quite a few people looking to pick one up. X-Men was a big book throughout the latter part of last century and those individuals are getting more disposable income.

I totally agree. I was into comics as a kid (in the 90s) , subscribed to Wizard, etc.

Before I started reading up on the SA Keys, in my mind X-men 1 would be my ultimate "dream book". I mean it honestly still is (even though I somehow want an AF15 , too!)

The popular characters of the present, 10 yrs ago, and 20 yrs ago, should be somewhat a relative driver of future demand. (Especially if we are comparing blue chip characters to blue chip characters... X-men and of course Spidey were big in the 90s... I don't remember any of my 12yo buddies thinking the Fantastic Four were cool!)... just one anecdote but bottom line I consider X-men to be very top tier in terms of mainstream cultural staying power. Would put Batman and Spidey in the same boat.

That's how I was until I joined here. In my mind if I could get an Xmen 1 then I was set as I had always wanted one since I was a teenager.

That's how I was until I joined here. In my mind if I could get an Xmen 1 then I was set as I had always wanted one since I was a teenager.

Just wondering how old you guys are? As I feel similarly. I am 24 and the two books I have coveted most since childhood are XM 1 and AF 15. Admittedly I wanted an AF 15 more as I always loved spidey more as a kid but XM 1 is a close second. I know when I was younger I thought FF was boring. I have grown to appreciate them more and ff1 does have the second best cover, behind AF 15, IMO. But nostalgia trumps the cover.

Just wondering how old you guys are? As I feel similarly. I am 24 and the two books I have coveted most since childhood are XM 1 and AF 15. Admittedly I wanted an AF 15 more as I always loved spidey more as a kid but XM 1 is a close second. I know when I was younger I thought FF was boring. I have grown to appreciate them more and ff1 does have the second best cover, behind AF 15, IMO. But nostalgia trumps the cover.

I'll be 41 in a few weeks

I will be 41 in two months. Dont it s#%k? lol

I will be 41 in two months. Dont it s#%k? lol

:preach: You young whippersnapper, I am 50 in May :o:cry:

I still feel and act like I always have, I am just a big kid at heart :whee:

23 is getting very close! I started getting raw at some varying grades but then decided to go CGC to ensure the condition I wanted long term. I have a first issue CGC 4.0 that I will eventually upgrade.

Nice! :applause: The CGC route would be too expensive for me.

41546121-63fe-464e-b686-17d873ddca39_zps1ee7818a.jpg

CGC BLUE LABEL

Filter81 9.4 W PAGE 93 PHOTO

Bunky Brian 9.0 OW/W PAGE 104 PHOTO

dem1138 8.5 OW/W PAGE 48 PHOTO

mndb369 8.5 OW/W PAGE 86 PHOTO

Racer-X 8.5 OW PAGE 75 PHOTO

johnnyhedge 8.0 W PAGE 33 PHOTO

fantastic_four 7.5 OW PAGE 2 PHOTO

roulette44 7.0 OW/W PAGE 97 PHOTO

CycleGirl 7.0 OW/W PAGE 107 PHOTO

tsarax 7.0 CR/OW PAGE 49 PHOTO

byosti 6.5 OW/W PAGE 97 PHOTO

CrocHntr 6.5 OW PAGE 63 PHOTO

gadzukes 6.5 OW/W PAGE 104 PHOTO

MstrTech 6.0 OW/W PAGE 5 PHOTO

G.A.tor 6.0 OW/W PAGE 14 PHOTO

scooter99 6.0 OW/W PAGE 44 PHOTO

campued1010 6.0 OW PAGE 3 PHOTO

byosti 6.0 OW PAGE 43 PHOTO

mar-vell 6.0 OW PAGE 98 PHOTO

bomber-bob 6.0 OW PAGE 103 PHOTO

namisgr 5.0 OW/W PAGE 1 PHOTO

ictonarely 5.0 OW/W PAGE 101 PHOTO

Count 5.0 OW PAGE 3 PHOTO

unmovedmover 5.0 CR/OW PAGE 8 PHOTO

JerseyComicBoy 5.0 CR/OW PAGE 93 PHOTO

IchigosSoul 5.0 CR/OW PAGE 100 PHOTO

tornay 4.5 OW/W PAGE 89 PHOTO

Buzzetta 4.5 OW/W PAGE 92 PHOTO

rsortor 4.5 OW PAGE 70 PHOTO

under copy RAW PAGE 70 PHOTO

telerites 4.0 W PAGE 57 PHOTO

Escaflown4 4.0 OW PAGE 3 PHOTO

MLMeade 4.0 OW PAGE 92 PHOTO

Erndog 4.0 OW PAGE 93 PHOTO

Magneto 4.0 OW PAGE 94 PHOTO

*Bronze age fan* 3.5 W PAGE 27 PHOTO

zuulioso 3.5 OW/W PAGE 92 PHOTO

maloney414 3.0 OW/W PAGE 46 PHOTO

graffix13 3.0 OW PAGE 69 PHOTO

alaskanwonder 3.0 CR/OW PAGE 102 PHOTO

zuckuss2003 2.0 CR/OW PAGE 43 PHOTO

JesterSB 2.0 CR/OW PAGE 89 PHOTO

ThoseBackPages 1.8 CR/OW PAGE 83 PHOTO

NIGHTCRAWLER 1.5 CR/OW PAGE 24 PHOTO

Jazzno 1.5 CR/OW PAGE 103 PHOTO

CGC SS YELLOW LABEL

benz 6.5 OW PAGE 47 PHOTO

rtecbot 6.5 OW PAGE 50 PHOTO

mrmitchgro 6.5 OW PAGE 105 PHOTO

Dollarbill 4.5 CR/OW PAGE 8 PHOTO

wormser61 2.0 SB PAGE 94 PHOTO

reddwarf666222 1.8 OW PAGE 97 PHOTO

Miamiknight3434 1.8 CR/OW PAGE 91 PHOTO

gaz2810i .5 OW PAGE 1 PHOTO

spiderphill NA PAGE 105 PHOTO

RAW BOOKS

TSwift25 RAW PAGE 1 PHOTO

TheDanimal RAW PAGE 9 PHOTO

Rommin RAW PAGE 12 PHOTO

tfa1998 RAW PAGE 23 PHOTO

StarWarsEd RAW PAGE 36 PHOTO

realitytrip2 RAW PAGE 38 PHOTO

Mac Man RAW PAGE 58 PHOTO

Flemmings RAW PAGE 58 PHOTO

dgarthwaite RAW PAGE 70 PHOTO

under copy RAW PAGE 70 PHOTO

ryanatlas RAW PAGE 71 PHOTO

wolf_2099 RAW PAGE 71 PHOTO

Burntboy RAW PAGE 72 PHOTO

Kevin.J RAW PAGE 78 PHOTO

markseowlichang RAW PAGE 78 PHOTO

miyazaki RAW PAGE 78 PHOTO

airwalker RAW PAGE 95 PHOTO

davidpg RAW PAGE 96 PHOTO

Waylander RAW PAGE 97 PHOTO

october RAW PAGE 98 PHOTO

Surfer-fan RAW PAGE 99 PHOTO

Speedy-D RAW PAGE 102 PHOTO

GL-R2814 RAW PAGE 104 PHOTO

CGC RESTORED PURPLE LABEL

jmg3637 8.5 NA PAGE 95 PHOTO

MarvelOnly 1.5 OW(SS) PAGE 106 PHOTO

2496646109_065dd88e77_b_zpsc22e526d.jpg

Current count 77 members

I'm 36 and when I got back into collecting a few years back this was one of the main books I thought about as really wanting as I was a huge X-men fan growing up.

The goal not is to get a complete run from beginning to end! 43 books to go!