• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early 'Tec, Actions, Supes, and others - Feb Auction

32 posts in this topic

Yep.. I thought that the grading for the Tec #1 is wayy overgraded. I'd also give it a 4.0-4.5 at best due to the subscription crease

No question its right in that target area 4.0- 4.5 [unless] its got a gorgious back cover and ow/w pages? Im trying to quess to find a reason to justify 6.0 but the cover alone certainly isnt 6.0 or anywhere near.

Very nice. Any thoughts on why these were not professionally graded to enhance buyer confidence?

Well now I know why they didnt cgc the Detective # 1. Cgc probably would have given the book a 4.0 to 4.5 and there calling it a Fine unslabbed.

Say again, I don't think I heard you the first time...... :baiting:

Very nice. Any thoughts on why these were not professionally graded to enhance buyer confidence?

Well now I know why they didnt cgc the Detective # 1. Cgc probably would have given the book a 4.0 to 4.5 and there calling it a Fine unslabbed.

I know Bill. I posted it twice [mistakingly]

What makes me uncomfortible about this Tec # 1 is if they are off the grade mark by as much as 2 points how can I have confidence that there not off with it having some sort of restoration too.

What makes me uncomfortible about this Tec # 1 is if they are off the grade mark by as much as 2 points how can I have confidence that there not off with it having some sort of restoration too.

that is kind of my concern... the guy is/was an artist...who is to say he hasn't "practiced" on books?

why in the world PW doesn't cgc these is pretty obvious to me (thumbs u

Just messing with you bro

I'm used to books being overgraded. I don't really even notice it as much anymore. Sometimes, Gator and Billy will tell you, they are so bad I have to email all my geeks to complain about it.

The rarity is when I get a book in that I agree on the grade, and am thrilled.

Just messing with you bro

I'm used to books being overgraded. I don't really even notice it as much anymore. Sometimes, Gator and Billy will tell you, they are so bad I have to email all my geeks to complain about it.

The rarity is when I get a book in that I agree on the grade, and am thrilled.

I know your just funnin and I love it !

that is kind of my concern... the guy is/was an artist...who is to say he hasn't "practiced" on books?

Good point. I'm wondering where's the rest of his comic book collection from his youth. Either we're seeing the best of the batch... or the remains of a collection with the better condition books withheld or already sold and circulated. IIR, the artist died four years ago and it's kinda late for an estate sale.

What's the PW policy on returns?

No returns I believe, which I am not a big fan of. I also wished they had bigger scans of each book. Remember that these guys who are auctioning the books are not professionals in comic book grading and possibly restoration detecting. So I guess bid at your own risk is all I can say

... the guy is/was an artist...who is to say he hasn't "practiced" on books?

I believe Mr. Dedini left clues as to which ones may have been touched up.

Ever good artist signs his work.

:tonofbricks: