• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romita Sr. Spidey & Goblin

11 posts in this topic

Ironically, the art looks good, but I question the signature.

Not so sure on the art either.

Yeah, Romita could draw that head shot in his sleep, this one has some extra lines in it that don't look like Romita at all. The shading on the Goblin also looks off. Just looks like way too much linework for Romita who could do it better & bolder with less work.

Then again, maybe he was carrying something in one hand & just started doodling this out with his free hand for a fan (shrug)

Ironically, the art looks good, but I question the signature.

Not so sure on the art either.

Yeah, Romita could draw that head shot in his sleep, this one has some extra lines in it that don't look like Romita at all. The shading on the Goblin also looks off. Just looks like way too much linework for Romita who could do it better & bolder with less work.

Then again, maybe he was carrying something in one hand & just started doodling this out with his free hand for a fan (shrug)

I agree, the slopiness gives me pause. Also, for a man that's supposed to be a master of lay-outs and perspective kinda oodd that he spaced out the headshots so poorly.

folks.. I don't understand why any of you think this isn't real

I've sold art for almost 30 years and it looks just fine to me.. everything about it looks just fine, the art and the signature

why doesn't one of you just ask Mike Burkey?? (aka Mr Romitaman)

don't you think that would be smart instead of trashing someone's art??

I've sold art for almost 30 years and it looks just fine to me.. everything about it looks just fine, the art and the signature

Ok, the OP asked if we thought it was real. I personally don't think it is. Not sure anyone is trashing anyone's art. It is a sketch and I agree that it looks a little sloppy.

Would I bet my life it's not Romita, no, absolutely not. Do I think it is, no.

I'm glad you have 30 years experience and if I were the OP I would weight your experience more than mine as a casual fan. But in the end, obviously he thought it didn't look quite right, as well as a few others.

That's what makes these boards great, lots of different perspectives.

Ok, the OP asked if we thought it was real. I personally don't think it is. Not sure anyone is trashing anyone's art. It is a sketch and I agree that it looks a little sloppy.

Would I bet my life it's not Romita, no, absolutely not. Do I think it is, no.

I'm glad you have 30 years experience and if I were the OP I would weight your experience more than mine as a casual fan. But in the end, obviously he thought it didn't look quite right, as well as a few others.

That's what makes these boards great, lots of different perspectives.

Agree 100% with your post, Spider-Variant :applause: