• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exiles

12 posts in this topic

seems like everytime i flip through an issue, someone from the [last time i flipped] roster is dead

make me think that these characters are nothing but cannon fodder

confused-smiley-013.gif

last i saw die was Sunfire. anyone recently?

Paging MajorKhaos

GREATEST BOOK EVER.

And yes, Jag, people DO die rather frequently... but if you're living in a world (or worldS) populated by vampires, symbiotic aliens, and people shooting lasers out of their eyes while tying Yugos into square knots, wouldn't you kind of expect that?

I HATE it when no one dies. In mainstream continuity, they killed Colossus. I'm still pissed. I love that. I love that they made me care about a character that they just TOOK from me. Keeps me interested. For a time, it felt like NO ONE was safe... but now we're back to normal. Ben Grimm dies in FF, but you know he'll be back. He'll probably be all psychologically whacked-out a la "Buffy", but you know he'll be "normalized" again one day soon. You never really got that feeling about Colossus and you NEVER get that feeling in Exiles. Granted, I'm marginally pissed that it appears that Blink is making a return appearance... but we'll see where it goes.

I like the idea of a universe where no one is safe and anyone can go at any time... because they should.

I like the idea of a universe where no one is safe and anyone can go at any time... because they should.

Why do I get the feeling I should make some Valiant-related remark here? devil.gif

Is it time for me to reveal the fact that I have never, EVER read a Valiant book? blush.gifsorry.gif

Why do I get the feeling I should make some Valiant-related remark here? devil.gif

Is it time for me to reveal the fact that I have never, EVER read a Valiant book? blush.gifsorry.gif

Not to hijack the thread... Exiles, Exiles, Exiles, Exiles...

but early Valiant books were known for being "VALIANT - Where Dead Is Dead".

(In fact, Valiant killed one of the strongest (literally) members of Harbinger... in issue #6.)

Ok, back on topic... Exiles, Exiles, Exiles.

But in a title where it is all about hopping into alternate universes, wouldn't there be an infinite number of one character, for example this Blink coming back, is it THE Blink from the Exile Continuity or just another Blink from one of the timelines the Exiles team hops into (sort of like Jet Li's The One )....don't get me wrong, I like this title as well (how can you not like X-men meshed with the whole Voyagers - Jon-Erik Hexum show with the Omni/time travel enabling pocketwatch- concept), but the whole thing gives me a headache when I try to think about continuity.

But in a title where it is all about hopping into alternate universes, wouldn't there be an infinite number of one character, for example this Blink coming back, is it THE Blink from the Exile Continuity or just another Blink from one of the timelines the Exiles team hops into (sort of like Jet Li's The One )....don't get me wrong, I like this title as well (how can you not like X-men meshed with the whole Voyagers - Jon-Erik Hexum show with the Omni/time travel enabling pocketwatch- concept), but the whole thing gives me a headache when I try to think about continuity.

Aha, but this is where the mysterious "Timebroker" comes into play... what are his motivations? The people selected for the group aren't necessarily RANDOMLY selected... there is method to his madness, perhaps? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've not seen anybody ever talk about htis book, but I've been enjoying the heck out of it. The recent King Hyperion storyline was pretty cool, as were the previous couple of stories.

Exiles and Weapon X are the only two books I read anymore. Of the two Exiles is by far my favorite. My only complaint is that there don't seem to be a whole lot of pages, and the ones that are there typically have very little writing on them. I'll go out to the comic book store, spend $15 to get 5 issues, come home and I'm done reading them in a couple of minutes. But then again I guess most comics are like that these days.