• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the heck is this sketch supposed to be???

105 posts in this topic

how can anyone who collects comic art not know who James Jean is ?!?!?!

Unfortunately, for this Cuban, I only grew up in the Modern age of comics. I had a break from 1996-2007. NINE YEARS WITHOUT COLLECTING!! Do you know what that does to man???????

:screwy:

Not to bust your b@lls or anything but you've been reading comics since '96 and you don't know who James Jean is?

I guess I can understand if your not say.. into looking at the covers :insane:

but in all seriousness unless you read Fables or The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite then I can totally understand how you wouldn't have heard of him.. however, shame on you for not reading those fantastic books.

lol James Jean is a modern artist :makepoint:

Is he Cuban?? :shrug:

I heard he is "Cuban" with his wife, on Tuesdays, she is a "French Painter". On Wednesdays he is a "drunken Sailor" and she is "Madame Channel".....That's what I heard...

how can anyone who collects comic art not know who James Jean is ?!?!?!

Unfortunately, for this Cuban, I only grew up in the Modern age of comics. I had a break from 1996-2007. NINE YEARS WITHOUT COLLECTING!! Do you know what that does to man???????

:screwy:

Not to bust your b@lls or anything but you've been reading comics since '96 and you don't know who James Jean is?

I guess I can understand if your not say.. into looking at the covers :insane:

but in all seriousness unless you read Fables or The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite then I can totally understand how you wouldn't have heard of him.. however, shame on you for not reading those fantastic books.

Well you might have heard of him if you read green arrow or Amazing Fantasy. He did covers for both those series aswell

He's lucky to get a sketch. The 2 times I have met Jean, he said his arm was acting up and it was too painful for him to draw.
How much does he usually charge when, he is willing to put some ink on a blank??

A quick glance at comic base came up with these covers:

Amazing Fantasy (2nd Series) #7-12

Batgirl #41-57

C'est Bon #3, #4

DC Universe: Last Sons (prose book)

The Escapists #2

Fables #1-10, 12-81

Green Arrow (2nd Series) #46-59

Jack of Fables #1-11

Last Days of Krypton

Machine Teen #1

The Monolith #6-8

The Runaways #11, #12

Smith's Adventures in the Supermundane #1

You should be out celebrating with your chick or something...Wednesdays are the new Fridays...didn't you hear!!???

Hector, went out last night. Had a blast, but the wife is stuck in North Carolina because of that blizzard. She will be home tomorrow :)

Happy B-Day Adonis!

First of all some of you can kiss my

Second James Jean sketched a Blossom Baby on this comic it looks like that’s why im selling it,it was not my first sketch of the night from him that was my second one.

In all fairness, without knowing his work outside of comics, and without knowing the progression of the Blossom Babies, how would anyone discern that? I only knew of his comics work and I learned that he did a lot more than I had recognized or known by compiling the list in my last post.

No disrespect meant to you or the artist, but the work in question is so abstract (again, without knowing about the Babies) that it's totally open to interpretation. To some, that is great art. To others it's a waste of time. Personally, I fall on both sides of the argument on a case by case basis. Sometimes, interpretation is fun and interesting. Other times, I'm just lost.

In all honesty, I kind of want the item because it's likely as close as I'll get to ever owning anything from him. I've got a signed book or two, but a sketch would be awesome!

A quick glance at comic base came up with these covers:

Amazing Fantasy (2nd Series) #7-12

Batgirl #41-57

C'est Bon #3, #4

DC Universe: Last Sons (prose book)

The Escapists #2

Fables #1-10, 12-81

Green Arrow (2nd Series) #46-59

Jack of Fables #1-11

Last Days of Krypton

Machine Teen #1

The Monolith #6-8

The Runaways #11, #12

Smith's Adventures in the Supermundane #1

hm

Where is Umbrella Academy? (shrug)

Second James Jean sketched a Blossom Baby on this comic it looks like that’s why im selling it,it was not my first sketch of the night from him that was my second one.

In all fairness, without knowing his work outside of comics, and without knowing the progression of the Blossom Babies, how would anyone discern that? I only knew of his comics work and I learned that he did a lot more than I had recognized or known by compiling the list in my last post.

No disrespect meant to you or the artist, but the work in question is so abstract (again, without knowing about the Babies) that it's totally open to interpretation. To some, that is great art. To others it's a waste of time. Personally, I fall on both sides of the argument on a case by case basis. Sometimes, interpretation is fun and interesting. Other times, I'm just lost.

In all honesty, I kind of want the item because it's likely as close as I'll get to ever owning anything from him. I've got a signed book or two, but a sketch would be awesome!

you were the one that got me looking at james wen you asked me to get your books signed at nucleus the next day the gerard way signing at golden apple.LOOK AT WHAT YOU STARTED -thanks

He's lucky to get a sketch. The 2 times I have met Jean, he said his arm was acting up and it was too painful for him to draw.
How much does he usually charge when, he is willing to put some ink on a blank??

If he charged for the one on ebay, somebody got frakked. On the other hand, it's a flipper, so who's crying?

you were the one that got me looking at james wen you asked me to get your books signed at nucleus the next day the gerard way signing at golden apple.LOOK AT WHAT YOU STARTED -thanks

lol So that means I can make fun of him?? lol

Maybe you should just send the book to me for turning you on to such a great artist!

:baiting:

You took the words out of my mouth! I meant no offense, I have never heard of this artist and really had absolutely NO IDEA what it was that was sketched. I just wanted an answer and thanks for providing one! (thumbs u