• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which key is more key: Showcase #4 or FF #1?

59 posts in this topic

Just kidding.

Both are important for different reasons.

I'd say FF1 because it started the Marvel Superheros we love today.

Showcase 4 was just a revamp of a Golden Age Flash. (But it started the "Silver Age")

Both have their places in history.

I'll go with FF 1. I don't buy the if no Showcase 4, then no FF 1 argument.

Me neither, especially as then you get into a chicken and egg scenario of the Golden Age Flash actually being the start of the Marvel Silver Age.

After all Showcase 4 wouldn't have featured a revamped Flash if the original Flash didn't exist.

And what about the ancients who invented paper/papyrus? They've gotta be up there on the importance list as well. grin.gif

FF #1. I don't care whether the chicken or the egg came first, but FF is the chicken and it's a lot bigger and satisfies me for several meals, whereas Showcase 4 is just one egg--half of a breakfast at best.

Perspective from the Harvey world:

Little Dot #1 1954 introduces the trio of Little Dot, Little Lotta & Richie Rich

Harvey Hits #3 1957 1st Richie Rich solo issue unleashed

Richie Rich #1 1960 long running series & main character would have about 37 concurrent running titles in the mid-70s. More than Archie, Spidey & X-men combined.

See www.pgcmint.com bottom of home page. Mark Wilson agrees Harvey Hits 3 is the Amaz Fant 15 of the Harvey world. news.gif

I have to agree on the Challenger's Influence on FF. I Think Stan had an Idea, BUT Jack was like,"Hey I've already Done it, Let me Change things around a Bit, and DC won't get too upset". I've always thought that Showcase #6 was sorely overlooked...DC kind of Neglected that series.

Perspective from the Harvey world:

Little Dot #1 1954 introduces the trio of Little Dot, Little Lotta & Richie Rich

Harvey Hits #3 1957 1st Richie Rich solo issue unleashed

Richie Rich #1 1960 long running series & main character would have about 37 concurrent running titles in the mid-70s. More than Archie, Spidey & X-men combined.

See www.pgcmint.com bottom of home page. Mark Wilson agrees Harvey Hits 3 is the Amaz Fant 15 of the Harvey world. news.gif

and that means what exactly????