• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCAM ALERT == Superman #2-149 DC Golden Age 152 Comic Run Collection

89 posts in this topic

The seller provided a bank account to wire the funds to that is located in Columbus, OH. I've suggested meeting at her bank to complete the transaction. I'm still awaiting her reply back.

The seller provided a bank account to wire the funds to that is located in Columbus, OH. I've suggested meeting at her bank to complete the transaction. I'm still awaiting her reply back.
this is so exciting!

How many times has that Superman scam been listed in the last 12 months - at least twice on the UK site and I reported it both times. First time they took it down, second they just left it. doh!

I accently pressed 'confirm bid' with my trigger finger.

So before it ended, you publicly proclaimed that this auction was a scam.

Then you bid on it.

:popcorn: Hmmm, very interesting... keep up informed on your 'purchase'.. don't know why you'd want to put yourself through the BS... can't wait to see how it turns out.

:popcorn: Hmmm,.. don't know why you'd want to put yourself through the BS... can't wait to see how it turns out.
Yesterday was a slow day for my internet business. I'm skeptical I'll get a reply back from 'Gloria'. If I do, I'll post her reply to my request to meet at her bank to exchange collection for money order. I'm glad ya'll were mildly amused, as was I.

FIN

That's 90 minutes from me. Should I pack a sher-wood or a my worth composite bat. :grin:

Seriously though, this has to be some dude who hijacked this gal's account, right? This actually happened to my account a number of years ago when I was coincidentally on vacay. Seller sold off tens of thousands in high end photography equipment and computers. He had hijacked my account and linked it up with a new paypal account for money to be sent. Turns out it was somebody in Germany. Anyway, the theft and POS aspect of it aside, it was actually quite an impressive piece of thievery. So I know first hand it happens.

That's 90 minutes from me. Should I pack a sher-wood or a my worth composite bat. :grin:

Seriously though, this has to be some dude who hijacked this gal's account, right? This actually happened to my account a number of years ago when I was coincidentally on vacay. Seller sold off tens of thousands in high end photography equipment and computers. He had hijacked my account and linked it up with a new paypal account for money to be sent. Turns out it was somebody in Germany. Anyway, the theft and POS aspect of it aside, it was actually quite an impressive piece of thievery. So I know first hand it happens.

you have to send the item in order for paypal to pay you

Here is the email I sent to 'gloria' . . .

Gloria

Thank you for offering the comic book collection. I really am looking forward in receiving it. I have a simple request before proceeding in paying you in full. If you would be so kind as to take a picture of the Superman #14 laying on top of a Columbus Dispatch Newspaper, with the name of the paper clearly visible, it would be of great benefit to me in knowing that you have the collection in your possession.

Upon receiving a picture, I will proceed with making payment.

Best Regards,

'gloria's' reply was:

Good day. Right now I`n not in the US and will get back in 4 weeks.

I`m afraid my grandmother won`t make your request...

Please let me know if that is problem.

Take a look at my profile:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=806gloria29&ftab=AllFeedback

I've been a registered ebay member for 3 years

Sincerely.