• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Returns #1 CGC NM+ 9.6 White

21 posts in this topic

I was poking around my boxes looking for my graded Daredevils to add to my registry set and I found this book.

I thought to myself "Rob, you've got how many complete sets of this series? Three? Do you really need a graded copy of #1?"

The answer was "no", so this extra spiffy copy is now up for grabs.

Don't everybody crowd me at once trying to get at it shocked.gif

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 CGC 9.6

There's a super-low reserve, just so that some tracking bid doesn't immediately waste the 35 cents I spent on the Buy it Now feature.

This auction is dedicated to fellow comic collector Glenn Danzig:

383038-Misfits.jpg

383038-Misfits.jpg.b82561c11278e2dc4d4260bc7e559eb4.jpg

just out of curiosity... why?

ever meet glenn? the couple of times i talked to him he was pretty friendly.... just wondering if something is up with him or his comic company, or is it just a shout out type of thing?

just out of curiosity... why?

ever meet glenn? the couple of times i talked to him he was pretty friendly.... just wondering if something is up with him or his comic company, or is it just a shout out type of thing?

I was trying to think of something to put into this post that would be interesting and "Where Eagles Dare" queued up in WinAmp. Light bulbs immediately went off, "misfits" was googled and "voila."

Ok,now I don't feel so bad. Would have been kicking myself if it was in the $50-60 range.

Oh no, although I do do that on occasion- put up books with BINs that beg the question "will this last one hour?" Then there are the times, like this book, where I put up BINs that are more, let's call it "aggressive."

For what it's worth, I sold a 9.8 DKR set in September. Starting bid was $400.00, but the set was purchased via BIN at $600.00 a couple hours after putting it up! In retrospect however, I have DKR 2-4 in 9.6 on E-bay right now, descent traffic, but not doing anywhere near as well as Rob's book.

Maybe thiers some excitement with the future prospect of the Batman movie franchise....?

BTW Rob, nice book!

D-