• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Lilly Sketch Cover Opportunity

418 posts in this topic

YOU TWO DARE PRESSURE ME ON A SKETCH OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Watch out or I will be like the sketch nazi.............. No Sketch for you! (tsk)

But in all seriousness........end of May people. That is what Mike last told me up in Boston when I was busting his chops.

So the window still is open hm

Yes 3319........... Dr. Watson is correct...............for now.

I am sure he will be open to doing them again in the future. I just have to get finished with this round first. There were 20+ takers in the first round. I am very excited to see the results.

Got Some decent Scans from my buddy Cavan...... :) Felt like bumping the thread.

365019263_o.jpg

Pirate- I did not get this signed by Stan Lee because I was gonna have him sign it in Green.....but then I forgot about this one book that I had set aside.... doh!

368273487_o.jpg

I gotta post this again because I love a book with a good story and an even cooler end result.....Anyways Hector (Chesperito) had me grab him a few Neal Adams sigs. He wanted Neal to sign his books in different languages etc. that fit his "foreign" collection. (btw I had Joe Simon sign a book in Russian...he actually had fun with it lol ) Anyways Mr. Mutant Keys was kind enough to help us in our quest with some Denny Oneil Sigs. Then Mr. Chespy wanted two custom covers swiped....so we got a Danny Cruz and a Mike Lilly........

I gotta say props to both artists because this glossy cover was a pain to work on.....

but hands down.......this cover is just my favorite sketch cover ever. Mike even stylized the signatures by leaving perfect white around them!......so good. Just the batman blank, sigs super clean and stylized, 9.6 on a tough book, glossy surface....too much.

Cheers to you!!!!! Awesome idea and inspiration for a book. I need to put this kind of work into the stuff I get done.....but then again with the new program.....stuff like this is possible but it takes a lot of work and coordination...... This was my final book of the "Old Program" :(

Hey Everyone,

So here is the update...........this is like the longest running sketch op ever....I am sorry about that.

I was hoping everything would be done by Philly. But it wont.

Mike has been hired by Scholastic, he has been working for them like crazy.

He wont be at WWPhilly at all.

He has 8 covers done that I was told I would get images for soon.

He hopes to be done with EVERYTHING by the end of July.

He also told me that the covers that he has done are some of his best ever and he is striving for some more top quality work.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Cheers!

Sean