• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Daredevil & Locke & Key Movies

12 posts in this topic

Fox Developing Daredevil Reboot Source:Deadline Hollywood February 5, 2010

In order to keep the movie rights to Marvel Comics' "Daredevil" under their belt, 20th Century Fox and Regency are looking to develop a reboot of the sightless superhero with News Corp VP Peter Chernin producing and David Scarpa (The Day the Earth Stood Still) writing a -script, according to Mike Fleming at Deadline Hollywood.

The original movie directed by Mark Steven Johnson and starring Ben Affleck in the title role (and his current wife Jennifer Garner as Elektra) was released almost exactly seven years ago and grossed $179.2 million worldwide.

This probably shouldn't come as too big a surprise as there has been talk of some sort of reboot ever since Disney bought Marvel last year, but this is the first confirmation that one is being actively developed.

Kurtzman and Orci to Adapt Locke & Key

Source:Latino Review February 5, 2010

Latino Review reports that Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci will produce a feature adaptation of IDW Publishing's "Locke & Key," written by Joe Hill and illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez, at DreamWorks Studios.

"Locke & Key" tells of Keyhouse, an unlikely New England mansion, with fantastic doors that transform all who dare to walk through them... and home to a hate-filled and relentless creature that will not rest until it forces open the most terrible door of them all.

Great. Get the guy who trashed the best sci-fi movie of all time to rewrite Daredevil, which was lackluster despite having one of the great comic story arcs of all time to work with.

Yep. No confidence here.

Give some of these writers and directors gold, and they'll spin it into carp.

Great. Get the guy who trashed the best sci-fi movie of all time to rewrite Daredevil, which was lackluster despite having one of the great comic story arcs of all time to work with.

Yep. No confidence here.

Totally Agree (thumbs u and the writers of Transformers 2 to write Locke & Key :screwy: actually it says they're producing it so there's still hope for Joe Hill to adapt it.

Yep. No confidence here.

Totally Agree (thumbs u and the writers of Transformers 2 to write Locke & Key :screwy:

I thought Kurtzman and Orci wrote Star Trek. (The greatest movie of all time)

Yep. No confidence here.

Totally Agree (thumbs u and the writers of Transformers 2 to write Locke & Key :screwy:

I thought Kurtzman and Orci wrote Star Trek. (The greatest movie of all time)

Yeah they did and I'm not into Star Trek but that was an amazing movie but I really hated Transformers 2.

Well..........I think anything could be better than the 1st DD movie :cry:

Ben Affleck can't act worth :censored: ! And don't get me started on the "play ground"scene :frustrated:

I've heard they're re-doing Jaws with Affleck as Jaws. Just so you know.

:jokealert: