• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First 66 issues of the #1 X-Men Registry Set for sale in Comiclink Auction

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am pleased to offer the first 66 issues from my #1 X-Men Registry Set (X-Men Complete including Variants) in the current Comiclink Feature Auction. Highlights of the collection include #1 CGC 9.2, #2 CGC 9.4 (white pages), copies from the SA Pedigrees Curator, Massachussetts, Northland, Oakland, Pacific Coast and White Mountain. In all, 12 of the 66 issues are pedigrees. The set also includes two issues from the Hollywood Hills Collection (#31 and #33) and a Double Cover (#59). Here is what ComicLink has to say about it.

About the Registry Set:

The offered item comes from the #1 Registry Set for both the complete run of X-Men and the complete run including variants. This set is a whopping 98% complete for the regular full-run Registry Set and an exceptional 93% present for the set including the variants. With an X-Men Complete score of 146,615 this set has a point total nearly 70% higher than the #2 contender. The numbers for the set including variants are equally impressive with a 68% score spread between the offered set and the next highest ranked.

We are pleased to be offering the complete run of X-Men #1 through #66 in this Featured Auction. 29 of these 66 issues are 1st and 2nd highest CGC graded with all but 3 certified at 9.4 and higher. 49 of the 66 have either near perfect Off-White to White or perfect White Pages and 23 are upper Near Mint 9.6s. Multiple pedigrees are represented in this set including examples from the Curator, Pacific Coast, and White Mountain pedigree collections. The remainder of this Registry Set (#67-514, Annuals, and Giant-Sizes) will be included in upcoming ComicLink auctions.

#1 Registry Sets of major Marvel titles like X-Men are generally in the private possession of the most serious collectors and it is extremely unusual for one to come of the market at auction. X-Men is not only one of the most significant titles of Marvel’s Silver Age, but it is one of the most successful entertainment franchises to ever emerge from the comic book industry. Not only did the initial 1963 X-Men run lead to literally dozens (hundreds?!?) of spin-off and mini-series, but it also spawned an entertainment empire comprised of toys, television shows, t-shirts, and of course 4 major Hollywood movies. This offering presents the advanced collector with an opportunity to upgrade issues within an already established run, or for a new collector to quickly acquire multiple books from a top ranked CGC set.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/search.asp?where=sell&title=x-men&ItemType=CB

Good luck, KC. Those are some sweet books in there!

So I take it a lot of the old label copies are yours?

Thanks, Tim. All the books marked "#1 Registry Set" in the CLink description are mine.

Good luck with the sale, Casey. Your fellow X-Men collectors will miss you. Hopefully, you'll put the run back together someday.

Thanks Barton. I still have some x-men books just not the really nice ones. I hope my son will take an interest and he will enjoy the hobby as I have.

Hello,

I am pleased to offer the first 66 issues from my #1 X-Men Registry Set (X-Men Complete including Variants) in the current Comiclink Feature Auction. Highlights of the collection include #1 CGC 9.2, #2 CGC 9.4 (white pages), copies from the SA Pedigrees Curator, Massachussetts, Northland, Oakland, Pacific Coast and White Mountain. In all, 12 of the 66 issues are pedigrees. The set also includes two issues from the Hollywood Hills Collection (#31 and #33) and a Double Cover (#59). Here is what ComicLink has to say about it.

About the Registry Set:

The offered item comes from the #1 Registry Set for both the complete run of X-Men and the complete run including variants. This set is a whopping 98% complete for the regular full-run Registry Set and an exceptional 93% present for the set including the variants. With an X-Men Complete score of 146,615 this set has a point total nearly 70% higher than the #2 contender. The numbers for the set including variants are equally impressive with a 68% score spread between the offered set and the next highest ranked.

We are pleased to be offering the complete run of X-Men #1 through #66 in this Featured Auction. 29 of these 66 issues are 1st and 2nd highest CGC graded with all but 3 certified at 9.4 and higher. 49 of the 66 have either near perfect Off-White to White or perfect White Pages and 23 are upper Near Mint 9.6s. Multiple pedigrees are represented in this set including examples from the Curator, Pacific Coast, and White Mountain pedigree collections. The remainder of this Registry Set (#67-514, Annuals, and Giant-Sizes) will be included in upcoming ComicLink auctions.

#1 Registry Sets of major Marvel titles like X-Men are generally in the private possession of the most serious collectors and it is extremely unusual for one to come of the market at auction. X-Men is not only one of the most significant titles of Marvel’s Silver Age, but it is one of the most successful entertainment franchises to ever emerge from the comic book industry. Not only did the initial 1963 X-Men run lead to literally dozens (hundreds?!?) of spin-off and mini-series, but it also spawned an entertainment empire comprised of toys, television shows, t-shirts, and of course 4 major Hollywood movies. This offering presents the advanced collector with an opportunity to upgrade issues within an already established run, or for a new collector to quickly acquire multiple books from a top ranked CGC set.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/search.asp?where=sell&title=x-men&ItemType=CB

ends in about an hour :eek:

So what was your take on the results? Happy, sad, reasonably satisfied, or all of the above?

Overall, very happy Tim. I was a little nervous when the first two ended. I thought the #1 ended a little soft given that another 9.2 just sold for $55k. Then the #2 sold for less than what I paid so I was very :eek: at the beginning. But the prices there after really wowed me and made up for any dissapointments.