• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman 10

27 posts in this topic

Hi, still trying to figure out this site, looks fascinating.

Where would be an appropriate place to start a thread called: "When should you CGC grade a comic?" [asked in two other threads, but maybe not everyone will look at all three]

That asked, I have 3 PGMs - I think I read somewhere you shouldn't put more than 3 in a day. If it's too many, kindly let me know.

------------------

Batman_10_Front.jpg

-----------------

Batman_10_Back.jpg

What's a GA bump? (Golden Age bump???)

Bump up the grade due to the age of the book. Books from the thirties, forties and perhaps even the fifties (early fifties?) would qualify. I don't know if it's a fact or can be proven; it's just collectors' perception. Anyway, I love your Batman 15; I'd give it a 5.5 or 6.0. Great copy!

What's a GA bump? (Golden Age bump???)

Bump up the grade due to the age of the book. Books from the thirties, forties and perhaps even the fifties (early fifties?) would qualify. I don't know if it's a fact or can be proven; it's just collectors' perception. Anyway, I love your Batman 15; I'd give it a 5.5 or 6.0. Great copy!

it is a perception, but doesn't exist real world ... the grade is the grade (IMO)

now, taken into consideration in the grading process is the type of paper used, the production process of the time (obviously comics produced in the 30's don't have the same production techniques as those from the 60's or 90's, etc)... but it is all relative

and in this case, I think a 6.0 from what I can see is fair