• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the next comic book Age?

132 posts in this topic

More specifically what will fall between Copper and Modern Age as the new era?

First, is there a concensus when Copper begins and ends? Ive always assumed that Copper begins in "early" 80s.

I've read in places as early as Dazzler #1 (1981) and beginning as late as the Secret Wars Limited Series(1984-85).

Then, I would assume that it "ends" with the departure of Marvel big artists (McFarlene, Silvestri, Larsen, Liefeld,...*giggle*...)and the rise of Image Comics(1992)?

So we are in essence talking about is the 1992-20XX Age ?

(shrug)

More specifically what will fall between Copper and Modern Age as the new era?

First, is there a concensus when Copper begins and ends? Ive always assumed that Copper begins in "early" 80s.

I've read in places as early as Dazzler #1 (1981) and beginning as late as the Secret Wars Limited Series(1984-85).

Then, I would assume that it "ends" with the departure of Marvel big artists (McFarlene, Silvestri, Larsen, Liefeld,...*giggle*...)and the rise of Image Comics(1992)?

So we are in essence talking about is the 1992-20XX Age ?

(shrug)

yes i believe that is correct

1992 to 2000's--probably 2005-2008 would end the next age

maybe not

How can an ENTIRE AGE last only 8 years....?

hm

To factor in the implosion of the comics market. It doesn't make sense to have an "age" where circulation on any given book could be reduced by a factor of ten or twelve.

How can an ENTIRE AGE last only 8 years....?

hm

To factor in the implosion of the comics market. It doesn't make sense to have an "age" where circulation on any given book could be reduced by a factor of ten or twelve.

implosion?

The massive reduction in comic readers and collectors and the corresponding reduction in circulation. (thumbs u

i see your point. nonetheless, i think to help perpetuate the hobby, there needs to be another age labeled after the creation of image comics (1992 or 1993) to about 2005

While I don't necessarily disagree, I think the wild fluctuations in the market of comics make it extremely difficult to have and age that spans from 1992-2005. There is virtually nothing of the market in 2005 that in any way approximates the market in 1992.