• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #45 (1st Joker in DC) Low Grade on eBay

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

What's the reason for scoring a 1.0 on this grade? Is it complete? What's the repair / resto work look like on this?

Hey,

Yes, it is complete.

It is a 1.0 because there is a piece missing from the front of the cover (bottom left) and there is a piece missing from the back cover.

The resto work was "piece attached to cover, color touch on cover" Slight A.

Also the comic looks higher than a 1.0 but what may have been brought down so far as it has brittle pages quality (but NO loose pieces flying around in the case at all, book appears "solid")

Personally I feel a 1.0 is a tad harsh for this book. It displays higher in my opinion.

Yep, I saw this book last night... clicked in but the pics were too fuzzy to make out the flaws. Great book, but you're sorely in need of better photos, fella. :foryou:

Okay, I gotcha. I will add more photos ASAP! (thumbs u

Any possibilities for improved pics including a back cover shot? I'd be interested to see what the missing piece from that looks like.

Also, were you the original owner that slabbed this book? If so, how supple were the pages? Were they graded brittle for tanning on the edges or throughout the interior?

Any possibilities for improved pics including a back cover shot? I'd be interested to see what the missing piece from that looks like.

Also, were you the original owner that slabbed this book? If so, how supple were the pages? Were they graded brittle for tanning on the edges or throughout the interior?

I am getting more pics right away. I will include a back cover shot as well. I was not the original owner of the book who got it slabbed, I bought it already slabbed years ago. From what I can see the pages do not look white - they look more brown, but there are no pieces loose in the case flying around. With most brittle books even slight brittle they sometimes have pieces loose in the case, this one is not the case. There is only 1 piece I can tell that is a very tiny tiny sliver that is loose (I'm talking minuscule) that got trapped in the seal when it was cgc'd.