• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's Going On With NYComics SS Opportunities

20 posts in this topic

Hi All

I figured I would make a thread to give everyone an update about what is going on with NYComics SS submissions this year.

Mike Lilly Sketch Op- Wow a great chance to get a very thorough awesome sketch from a great up and coming comic book artist! I have often found studio pieces sometimes trump convention sketches.

Mike Carbonaro Show NYC 2/27- Whoa- Get Ready- We ARE taking Submissions for this show. Please PM me for details. Also FYI- For this show it is impossible when submitting with me to Crack a previous Signature Series book. New blue label or raw books only please. Oh and can books be held for other signings? At this point in time my answer to this is no.

Boston Comic Con- We will be attending this show, but we cannot announce if we are taking submissions yet. Be sure to stop bye and visit us at our exhibitor table though!

Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita Sr. Legend Signing Stay tuned for future announcements.

and maybe Frazetta? :):wishluck:

Who is Frazetta?

Never heard of her

From what I have been told, I would say she is probably one of the most interesting women I have ever heard of....

Now don’t quote me on this…I think Frazetta (Or Frazzy, as she likes to be called) is the alias that Joan Hudson (or Viviana Escobar) has used for many years. Given up to an orphanage when only three months old. She was secretly adopted by Movie legend Rock Hudson, and then friend (or Lover, however people tell the story nowadays). In her teens, Frazzy was said to have been mildly fondled by one of Hudson’s close friends and demanded to be emancipated, which Hudson refused, until she allegedly threatened to release an unauthorized book titled “Living with Rock Hudson and his friends,” book which for some reason Hudson was terrified of being published. He gave his ‘daughter’ 10000 dollars cash and a monthly stipend while she was attending UC Irvine, until she was 22. She then moved to Essex to go to graduate school for bio-chemical engineering, where she supported herself by working as a waitress in a high-class cabaret and giving martial arts classes downtown. She was one of only four women in the world who up until then, was a ‘black belt’, she had 4; she held a 3th degree in 2 full contact hand-to-hand martial arts disciplines. After graduating, she joined the Peace Corps and was assigned to Uganda. During her stay, she was captured at gunpoint by a group of Guerrillas (all her friends were killed during the encounter). Frazzy was held captive for over 3 years, in which she was forced into being a sex slave for many of the guerrilla soldiers at the time and teach them fighting skills. Until one day, she managed to escape into the woods, where she was found by mistake by a group of Israeli Special Forces, who had infiltrated deep into the heartland. She agreed to help them, in exchange for extraction. She was key to the successful military operation, in which over 100 Israeli citizens were rescued from a Palestinian extremist group high jacking. 2 years after being made an Israeli citizen and setting up a candy store, she missed the adventurous life and joined the Foreign Legion, only recorded woman to have ever done so. After her tour, she returned to her orphanage to visit, that’s when she found out who her real father was. It was none other than Pablo Escobar, high profile drug trafficker of the Medellin Cartel, who had apparently been searching for her for over two decades. Being the only lineage he had, as he was unable to reproduce after his Gliding accident when he was young, his one true wish was to find Viviana, which by the way was her real name. After her visit, he tracked her down and visited her in Switzerland, where it was said that he set up a bank account with over 60% of his fortune. He was shortly captured and never saw her again, hiiiiiiiis adventures, are whole different story. Frazzy disappeared into thin air after that, some said that some comic book cover painter/artist took her name, Frazetta, and ended up being famous for his art....but no one knows for sure. That’s what I heard. :)