• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MEGA-CON 2010 FORUM DINNER

55 posts in this topic

Since I started the original thread, I figured I might as well plan the forum dinner.

Friday March 12, 2010 at 7:30PM - Olive Garden on International Drive -

Myself and a couple of friends went to the Olive Garden last August during the two day Mini Mega Show, which is located two minutes from the convention center. The service was excellent (with the exception of someone calling the waitress a stripper - ahem...) I am sure that they would be more than willing to accommodate us. As the show gets closer and the number of boardies add up, I will call them and make the reservations ahead of time. That way we can all avoid having to wait for a table.

If anyone has any questions, shoot me a PM, otherwise, just add your name to the list.

Adonis can help organize this thing. First thing is let's decide on a date. Is Friday best or is Saturday the way to go? Or we can do both? No such thing as too much time hanging out with comic fans!

George? :hi: Feel free to chime in here as well since this is usually your project.

Adonis can help organize this thing. First thing is let's decide on a date. Is Friday best or is Saturday the way to go? Or we can do both? No such thing as too much time hanging out with comic fans!

George? :hi: Feel free to chime in here as well since this is usually your project.

I think Friday would work better for me personally.... (thumbs u

I'm trying to think of the various Mega-Con Forum Dinners:

2005 @ Vitos Chophouse

2006 @ Joe's Crab Shack

2007 @ Tony Romas

2008 @ Tony Romas

2009 @ Vitos Chophouse

This will be the first year I just get to sit back and let someone else herd all the cats....suh-weet! :cool:

Olive Garden

I'd prefer Christian's suggestion if at all possible. No matter where it is ultimately decided we go, I suggest calling them and asking well ahead of time if they have a semi-private room where they can accomodate a group of 20 or more.

Tony Romas does and it was nice the two years we were there....it was secluded enough where our general rowdiness didn't bother the other diners, but it didn't cost us any more then standard menu pricing.

I've actually been to Maggianos myself, the food is great, but I figured a budget place like the Olive Garden would be good this year, just in case a board member couldn't afford it.

But if the majority is down for Maggianos, I would be more than happy to make the call. :)

I am open for any night as well and will be there regardless of venue, but I definitely think Maggianio's over Olive Garden is a no-brainer. Why have fast food Italian? (unless it is a logistics thing)

One thing id like to suggest after last year is that the fixation on the need for our whole party to sit at one long table (in which everyone doesn't get a chance to talk to each other anyways because of Geography) probably limits our access anywhere we decide to go.

I mean 4-5 six-tops within the same general vicinity could work out too (or a place with a private function room as previously suggested). we could just flit from table to table, lol

Anyways, count me in, wherever and whenever (thumbs u

Okay so since everyone is used to Maggianos, that's where we will do it. I've contacted the restaurant and they will be more than happy to have us as their guests.

However, I will need an exact count for the for Forum Dinner:

Maggiano's Little Italy - Pointe Orlando @ 9101 International Drive, Orlando FL

Phone (407) 241-8650

Attending Board Members:

partouche

lookwhoitis

G.A.tor

yellow954