• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suspense Comics #8 and Startling Terror Tales #11 - Spider with Skull face!

28 posts in this topic

I love the covers will the spider and the skull face. (But sadly I do not own either :cry:) Any one know any other covers to comics like these two? Also any other disturbing covers like this that catch your fancy from the GA?

I just posted these in the Top 5 GA Non-Timely Thread but they will work here too! Startling Terror #11 was my first PreCode Horror comic outside the popular EC books. It is one of the best PreCode covers out there IMO!

Also, you should check out the Undead Thread for more PreCode goodness: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=759405&fpart=1

93401.jpg.ea73d529f27a383b03a8b4977f4e2007.jpg

93402.jpg.6f8631fc9e7d1444fbfea8e476e1bbfb.jpg

93403.jpg.27629106e4cfe4edd3ce877bdcc31b75.jpg

I just posted these in the Top 5 GA Non-Timely Thread but they will work here too! Startling Terror #11 was my first PreCode Horror comic outside the popular EC books. It is one of the best PreCode covers out there IMO!

Also, you should check out the Undead Thread for more PreCode goodness: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=759405&fpart=1

Yeah I love that cover - need to get me a copy soon.

And will do!

Also amazing batch of horror books - I'm a grown man and I still cringe at these, cannot believe these were aimed at kids before. Especially the black cat issue! Love em!

AFAIK that is the only other skull-headed spider cover besides Suspense Comics #8 and Startling Terror Tales #11.

I may be wrong though, in which case I will most likely be quickly corrected! (:

Here's some more...

Both amazing covers! (thumbs u

The first one with the "exploding face" is just so out right insane! Still can't believe the level of gore on these GA issues! But must admit I am a fan.

Spider horror covers rock! :headbang:

WebMys8.jpg

UncannyTales26.jpg

BobbyBenson4.jpg

And yea I love the spider horrors! I hate spiders, but love seeing nasty big bad ones in the comics!

The Bobby Benson issue I have never seen before - very interesting. What year was it published (before spider-man) ? hm

The Bobby Benson issue I have never seen before - very interesting. What year was it published (before spider-man) ? hm