• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Golden Age Comic Cover

73 posts in this topic

I can definitely understand that pick!!!! I figure once, I am done with my GA Captain Marvels....I will get around to GGA. That or I will start collecting Flessel covers. So much to do, so little time(and money!!!!) grin.gif

I can definitely understand that pick!!!! I figure once, I am done with my GA Captain Marvels....I will get around to GGA. That or I will start collecting Flessel covers. So much to do, so little time(and money!!!!) grin.gif

gossip.gif Go for the Flessel covers.

I think the MacRaboy covers that he did for Master comics and Captain Marevel Jr. are pretty incredible! I especially like the Master #23, 24 and 40 with its great patriotic flag cover! Didn't Elvis Presley get his look from the way MacRaboy drew Captain Marvel Jr.?

my favorites are probably Adventure 40 what an awesome sandman cover and suspense 3 (bondage, nazi,kkk, fire,precode) this is such an awesome cover for so many reasons. If they made a cover like this now it wouldn't last a week on the shelf before comic shop owners were arrested and lawsuits were filed.

That Hangman cover rules! "Nazis and Japs, You Rats!" 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Classic!

My favs:

All-Select #1 - Hard to go wring with any Schomberg War Cover. This one has it all. If I have to pick only one, it's this book.

Detective #31 - The Classic Batman Cover of the Era. Maybe ever.

Phantom Lady #17 - cloud9.gif Ultimate Bondage Cover

Perfect Crime #??? - Dammit! I can't recall the #. It's the "Drop the Knife, You Hopped Up Rat!!!!"

Mask Comics #1 : possibly my favorite cover ever. An L.B. Cole masterpiece

Master Comics #27 : great Raboy "V for Victory" cover (it's hard to pick just one from his run on this title)

Captain America #74

Thrilling Crime Cases #49 : great Cole cover

Contact Comics #12 : another great Cole

Captain Flight #11 : yet another great sci-fi Cole

Plastic Man #1 : Jack Cole at his best

Haunted Thrills #5 : classic Iger horror cover

Weird Mysteries #5 : gorilla brains!

Dynamic Comics #8 : way underrated Chesler horror cover