• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a wee problem....

25 posts in this topic

Actually, I didn't intend on leaving a NEG at all, and not just because he obviously has a streak of retaliation. Like I said, the two books I got were very satisfactory, and worth the total that I paid for all three. Besides, do I leave two positives and one negative right after one another? How confusing will that be to anyone who reads the feedback..it'll sure make me look like a flake. If anything, this post was a warning to others, and one that would do more good then contradictory feedback left by the same buyer (at least for those Forum members who read this).

Mom was right...."if you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything at all; but let the CGC Forum boards say something nasty for you." 27_laughing.gif

And as Dorothy Parker once said, "if you don't have anything nice to say about anyone...come sit over here by me."

Look, the guy deserves one neg for sure - otherwise you're doing other prospective buyers a disservice. After all, if other previous buyers had been more forthcoming with information about this seller's shady practices, you might not be in this position right now, correct?

My reasoning behind leaving three negs was simply based on the assumption that guy will neg you in retaliation. While he deserves one neg, you deserve none...yet you may end up with three if you neg him at all. More to the point, by only leaving the one neg initially, you might actually discourage the guy from leaving you any neg fb at all - since you'd still have the two other feedbacks in your back pocket, so to speak.

I don't buy the "I'll look flaky if I leave two positives and one neg adjacent to each other in the guy's feedback" argument... you can certainly have both positive and negative experiences from the same seller in the same transaction, even with ONE book / item, and certainly when multiple books are sold in multiple lots from the same seller.

I also don't buy the "I'm happy with the two books for the price I paid for three" argument. Are you saying you'd have bid the same amount for just the two books? Even if the answer is 'yes,' the fact is you wouldn't have had to pay as much, since each book was a separate lot, you did in fact pay for the third book. What, you're going to leave positive feedback stating "happy with two out of three books at the price paid for all three," or words to that effect? Or are you going to leave pos. fb for only the two books you're happy with, and let the other one go completely?

Bottom line, this guy deserves a neg, one way or the other. If you don't leave him one, you not showing much backbone, IMO.

Bottom line, this guy deserves a neg, one way or the other. If you don't leave him one, you not showing much backbone, IMO.

Backbone has nothing to do with it. And whether you "buy" my rationale or not is wholly irrelevant. There is a totality to the transaction, and overall, I got my money's worth. Will I ever buy from the guy again? No, not now. Though I was very eager to based on the two books I did get. And as its been pointed out, its been only two weeks; there is still time to let the thing sort itself out...still a little early for cowboy diplomacy.

I would rather try to get a resolution, and/or conclude the transaction with some sense of satisfaction. I feel no need to ping the guy out of any sense of vengence, and as for doing a disservice to other buyers, I've shared the experience with Forum members; so now you know...and knowing is half the battle. thumbsup2.gif

True, forewarned is fore-armed, as they say... but what about the many comic book buyers who'll never see your post? They should learn about this seller the hard way? Doesn't really seem fair. (Yes, I realize "fairness" could be irrelevant too.)

I like Araich's suggestion best so far...