• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Well the 8.0 sold for 23,101.00. Rats.

:cry: No I did not bid on it. Strong price.

I was a "playa" until about the midway point,

then I stepped aside and let the folks with the budget for this book do their thing unfettered by wanna-be's.

It's really starting to look like that Savannah 6.0 was a bit of a deal. I dropped out of that game because

I figured it'd go too high for the grade (being a popular new ped).

But seeing what this 8.0 went for (almost triple what the 6.0 Savannah sold for) maybe that was my best shot.

then I stepped aside and let the folks with the budget for this book do their thing unfettered by wanna-be's.

It's really starting to look like that Savannah 6.0 was a bit of a deal. I dropped out of that game because

But seeing what this 8.0 went for (almost triple what the 6.0 Savannah sold for) maybe that was my best shot.

I have mention somewhere in the club that the FMV of a 6.0 is around $7-8K, perhaps a bit higher now. (shrug) Yeah, the Savannah would done well for you. :makepoint:, but there will be another. :)

I have mention somewhere in the club that the FMV of a 6.0 is around $7-8K, perhaps a bit higher now. (shrug) Yeah, the Savannah would done well for you. :makepoint:, but there will be another. :)

The Savannah 6.0 actually sold for less than the last sale of a SC #4 6.0 on GPA.

Dec-02-2010 $9,995 Cert# 063509800 :P

Ebay is so nice-

"Hi Jack,

We're sorry you didn't win this time around. While this one got away, there's other stuff to find. Don't give up."

Damn them- when are they going to list the next one?

2800.00 seems like a big gamble.

As long as it isn't restored, it shouldn't be much of a gamble

That price is what 3.5s have been selling for

I agree (thumbs u

Last month, in comic link, Two 4.5 sold for around 2800$ 2c

Finally it was a great deal. It got 5.5

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=884195

. . . and if I recall correctly, they sold pretty quickly. I think there might have been more money to be made if those had been around longer. If there's no restoration on that SC #4, it looks like a 3.5 at least. possibly a 4.0 if the spine is better than it appears in the photos. They are a little blurry to be sure. But IMHO it's possible both buyer and seller did ok @ $2800.

I agree (thumbs u

Last month, in comic link, Two 4.5 sold for around 2800$ 2c

. . . and if I recall correctly, they sold pretty quickly. I think there might have been more money to be made if those had been around longer. If there's no restoration on that SC #4, it looks like a 3.5 at least. possibly a 4.0 if the spine is better than it appears in the photos. They are a little blurry to be sure. But IMHO it's possible both buyer and seller did ok @ $2800.

Man, was I ever WAY-OFF.

Further proof that "thar's (still) gold to be found in them thar' hills" (i.e. ebay)!

Ciorac called this one right.

A good buy!

doh!

I think most of the Showcase 4 on ebay have been good buys. The 7.5 and 8.0 both sold for good prices. Ebay is such a pain to search. You would think they would make dedicated search field for comics i.e. title, publishier, issue number, year, cgc, grade, and comments (artist, first appearance, etc). If you have 1-1.5 million listings that to me seems like something worth fighting for. They have not, hence a lot of their business is bleeding off to other sites.

Heritage is not much better. I have a wantlist alert for showcase 4 and I get an email every two weeks telling me my item is available. Unfortunately, it is a Showcase 40 and their stupid search engine doesn't know the difference.

Go for the 9.2...problem solved. :headbang:

Good advice Indeed (thumbs u

I agree with Flash105. I don't know why ebay is ignoring the comic guys, when they make an ungodly amount of money from us.

I have the same problem with Heritage searches, I get want-list alerts for the same books emailed to me a dozen times prior

to the event auction they're in. Sadly, as a result I put them on "ignore" (shrug)

It does. My 4.0 (1st page & post of this thread) has less creases and wear, but perhaps the LT pages kept if from going higher.

I'd like to upgrade to a 5.0 someday, so I'm just a spectator on this one.

Any predictions on the closing price?