• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I can understand a SC4 is undervalue and scarce...the 9.0 recently sold for high 30's. It definitely didn't appreciate as much as SC22 and BB28 the last five years. Showcase 4 reminds me of Marvel Comics 1. Detective 27 and Action 1 pull away in great distance...hence AF15 ..time will tell (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Hey Rich!

I think showcase 4 is not a marvel comics 1. Marvel is not action 1: first super hero comic book and superman to boot! Tec 27= first batman!

Marvel 1= first sub mariner and human torch ( sub tier hero... No movies for these guys) is only a one shot. Its NOT the first marvel book!!! Marvel started with fantastic four 1. Thus this book is a glorified red raven 1 without th kirby but plus th subby and torchy 1st apperance. A one shot that stan lee took the title for his new brand of comics in the 60s that showcase 4 help ignite!

Is it more relvant than af15= no not close

But is it in the top 5 or 3 silverage keys= yes

I love gren lantern but flash has a new big upside potential and im saying that a movie wpuld bring the prices above showcase 22 and bb 28 by quite a margin.

But time will tell. Since warner brothers and dc are betting on flash.

So i think ven gator mentionned that sc4 is selling briskly again and i think the 7.5 on comicconnect will bring a: 17-20k. Very scarce in 7.5 ++ definite investment grade.

A great opportunity to invest in the silver age grail.

My predictions on the showcase 22 7.0 at 10k and gl 1 9.4 49.5k on clink came on target. As im sure this one will also. Might be a possibilitu of a bidding war to even pass the 20k. Since the are so rare in very fine. The price is also an inteteresting entry point.

loulou7980...

Showcase 4 is significant for the importance role it play in igniting the SA era. It had a great run in the 80's and 90's and I was the major book back then. Comparatively, Marvel Comics 1, Detective Comics 27, and Action 1 were no more than 10-15% price difference back then. The SC4 7.5 in CC sold about $12.5K earlier in the year. I agree, it is quite scarce in 7.5+ though not as scarce as SC22 in 7.5+ ;) Also it has been picking up steam lately but has been stalled due to the set back of the GL movie. Nevertheless, this has weaken the speculative buy for SC22 and BB28. I have to admit, SC4 has been more stable among the three. The 7.5 will set the tone for the SC4 in 7.5+.

Hey Rich,

I do agree that showcase 4 had a great run in the 80s and 90s. It has gained steam as if late( gator seems to be selling them like hot cakes)

I have my opnion of marvel 1 as why it is not at the same level as tec27 and action 1.

Showcase is set to surge a la shkwcase 22 and bb28. The 100k 9.2 sale confirmed it the 6.0 sale at 10k also. The 9.0 not so much and was a steal . Really wish i can turn bavk tje hands if time. But who knows how much the winner was willing to go.

Also i think the sale of 7.5 at 12.5k last year was beceause it was from a low feedback seller and unknown to the boards and the comic world as a seller. It could have fetched easily 15-17k thru a known seller auction house.

The surge happened a couple months later with the 6.0 at 9995.00 5.0 at 6750. A name written on cover 5.5 sold twice at over 5.5.

This time around cconnect has up and offers and 6 month interest free payment. So peole who wabted to buy have a chance to settle their finaces and have confidance in cconnect rather than a random ebay seller.

I think the stage is set for a record price in as you mentionned in the 7.5+ which will bring will confirm that a surge in price is about to begin for sc4 in all grades especially 7.5 +

A movie starring Bradley Cooper or Leo Di Caprio( whos a comic fan and even mentioned flash 105 when playing frank abgnale in catch me if you can) wouldnt hurt either.

Hey Teddie,

Yes agree the less speculators the better. But i think the cat is out of the bag. Even dealers have risen there price point across the board. I think the 7.5 will be a good deal under 17k. The 9.0 bethleem is a steal. If the owner is here i would offer 50k without batting an eyelash. I was shocked at that price especially with the mohawk valley 8.5 on cconnect with an offer at 28k and at 50k submit best offer. The 9.0 is a one of one on the census and so is every grade 9.2. 9.4 and 9.6.

I think the 9.0 is more like 70k book at this point with upside potential. A 1956 dc is kot liek a 60s marvel.

I would love to land the bethleem :) or an 8.5 with only two copies.

The 7.5 is also sweet with only 4 copies. Its funny but the census hasnt have a new entry in 7.0 and up for the last two years.

I think theres still time to secure a nice copy before a price explosion happens when the

speculators latch on to it.

Edited by loulou7980

Hey Rich,

I do agree that showcase 4 had a great run in the 80s and 90s. It has gained steam as if late( gator seems to be selling them like hot cakes)

I have my opnion of marvel 1 as why it is not at the same level as tec27 and action 1.

Showcase is set to surge a la shkwcase 22 and bb28. The 100k 9.2 sale confirmed it the 6.0 sale at 10k also. The 9.0 not so much and was a steal . Really wish i can turn bavk tje hands if time. But who knows how much the winner was willing to go.

Also i think the sale of 7.5 at 12.5k last year was beceause it was from a low feedback seller and unknown to the boards and the comic world as a seller. It could have fetched easily 15-17k thru a known seller auction house.

The surge happened a couple months later with the 6.0 at 9995.00 5.0 at 6750. A name written on cover 5.5 sold twice at over 5.5.

This time around cconnect has up and offers and 6 month interest free payment. So peole who wabted to buy have a chance to settle their finaces and have confidance in cconnect rather than a random ebay seller.

I think the stage is set for a record price in as you mentionned in the 7.5+ which will bring will confirm that a surge in price is about to begin for sc4 in all grades especially 7.5 +

A movie starring Bradley Cooper or Leo Di Caprio( whos a comic fan and even mentioned flash 105 when playing frank abgnale in catch me if you can) wouldnt hurt either.

The 7.5 sold for $12.5K was sold from a seller which have sold quite a bit of high dollar books. I sense this 7.5 should do fine for the buyer. From my recollection...I have mention before in the SC4 thread that the 6.0 sold for $10K was a bit too much...any a few months later a the Savannah pedigree sold for mid $8's. A few months before the GL movie hit theaters, SC4, SC22, BB28 has hit it's interim peak, but the long term prospect is still great. Due to the fact that SC4 being a bit more scarce than the other two big SA DC, prices should hold up well. Now, if a Flash movie, as you mention above...there will be an upward pressure on prices. This will also be good for SC22 and BB28.

Hey Rich,

I agree that the gl movie kinda plateaued tge price of the big dc three.

But i really think that the 7.5 12.5k was almost a steal at that price. Being an aution on ebay with a seller who had a few books but both under 3.5k

I think ebay auctions are a different beast than auctions especially time payments. It gives people the opportunity to sell alower grade copy or other books here on the boards, auctions, private sale,etc.

But i think with a flash movie could ignite sc4 and bring showcase 22 and bb28 to their proper levels. I love gl and flash but i like the significance of the super hero book that ushered in the modern super hero as we know it. The scarcity factor is just the cherry on the sundae.

A movie would be just gravy :)

I still have hopes of a dc universe with wonder woman, green lantern and flash movies.

I have to say guys, my favorite book is Showcase 4, (even more than AF 15 :gossip:), but thats just me. I love flash and I picked up a very nice Flash 105 and 106 from the OO collection, and now I have a Showcase 4! I am so excited as it should be in tomorrow. :whee::banana:

Hey hawkman!

What a great score on the oo. Showcase 4 and flash 105!

Ill also admit that i have soft spot for sc4. Its cool cause its more of an eusive club!! And also there would be no af15 if showcase 4 wasnt such a success!!! So it really kick started the silver age.

I also liked flash powers more than spidey. Spidey though had all that great teenage drama with the early ditko stuff and also the growing up blues later on.

Well im also muh more of a dc collector in the past few years since its more affordable and just as cool as the marvel. Even scarcer in most cases especially in hg!

All the cool kids are on DC anyways!!! Look at Big Bang Theory!!!

Hey Teddie,

Yes agree the less speculators the better. But i think the cat is out of the bag. Even dealers have risen there price point across the board. I think the 7.5 will be a good deal under 17k. The 9.0 bethleem is a steal. If the owner is here i would offer 50k without batting an eyelash. I was shocked at that price especially with the mohawk valley 8.5 on cconnect with an offer at 28k and at 50k submit best offer. The 9.0 is a one of one on the census and so is every grade 9.2. 9.4 and 9.6.

I think the 9.0 is more like 70k book at this point with upside potential. A 1956 dc is kot liek a 60s marvel.

I would love to land the bethleem :) or an 8.5 with only two copies.

The 7.5 is also sweet with only 4 copies. Its funny but the census hasnt have a new entry in 7.0 and up for the last two years.

I think theres still time to secure a nice copy before a price explosion happens when the speculators latch on to it.

But

:screwy:

I have to say guys, my favorite book is Showcase 4, (even more than AF 15 :gossip:), but thats just me. I love flash and I picked up a very nice Flash 105 and 106 from the OO collection, and now I have a Showcase 4! I am so excited as it should be in tomorrow. :whee::banana:

I just opened it from the mailman !! lol

Showcase 22 cgc 9.0 3 on census : average sales 50k

Showcase 4 cgc. 9.0: sale 38k. ( if u own it and want to sell it ill pay 50k. Doubtbthis will happen since the 9.0 is a 1of1)

Showcase 22 in 7.5 that rich has on clink has a 15k bid

Showcase 4 in 7.5 On comicconect is at 9.6k with 2 days to go! My prediction is 17-22k

5.0 of showcase 4 have sold for 5-6.7k this year. Showcase 22 have sold in the 3k range

I think that showcase should and is still mention the top silverage book. Its much scarcer than all the other keys in all grades and especially in high grade.

I feel the best deals to be had are the 7.0 and up comparing it to its dc peers. With bigger upside potential on the flashpoint storyline and upcoming movie.

Showcase 4 cgc. 9.0: sale 38k. ( if u own it and want to sell it ill pay 50k. Doubtbthis will happen since the 9.0 is a 1of1)

Showcase 4 in 7.5 On comicconect is at 9.6k with 2 days to go! My prediction is 17-22k

5.0 of showcase 4 have sold for 5-6.7k this year. Showcase 22 have sold in the 3k range

I think that showcase should and is still mention the top silverage book. Its much scarcer than all the other keys in all grades and especially in high grade.

I feel the best deals to be had are the 7.0 and up comparing it to its dc peers. With bigger upside potential on the flashpoint storyline and upcoming movie.

but there are 4 higher graded copies. why would anyone pay $70k for a 9.0? but for the lone nutjob who came out of the woodwork for a couple of months earlier this year, zaid would still be lugging around his 9.2. in fact, in one clink auction that 9.2 closed for less than $50k but didn't meet reserve.

The 9.2 on clink had an offer at 80k paperheart. No need calling anyone a nut job. Btw i had an interest on the 9.2 but did not go thru with it and would have offered 90k. It sold for a 100k lets leave it at that. The 9.4 sold for over 150k. What other silverage dc has done that.

Like i said ill offer the current owner 50k for the 9.0

but there are 4 higher graded copies. why would anyone pay $70k for a 9.0? but for the lone nutjob who came out of the woodwork for a couple of months earlier this year, zaid would still be lugging around his 9.2. in fact, in one clink auction that 9.2 closed for less than $50k but didn't meet reserve.