• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is This For Real?!

22 posts in this topic

I've been looking for US 179, DD 222 and WDC&S 480 for a loooong time. I've got many issues of all those titles on either side of those issue #s, but those are very very tough to get.

I'd be interested to know what dropped that Little Lulu to a 9.2.... it looks like a 9.6 from the scan.

The sick thing is, I used to have that book when I was a kid. My mom used to buy me and my brother every pre-pack of comics that she could find from MVL, Whitman, whatever, because we would go on long driving trips and she wanted to keep us occupied. I remember throwing that Little Lulu away because I had no interest in it. Which is probably why there are only "4 known copies" left. Dammit.

The winning bidder is legit. He's a collector of oddball/ scarce books, including whitman variants. That book in particular is one of the "pre-pack only" books that go for a significant premium. It guides for $150 so $1500 isn't that much of a stretch as there aren't a lot of them. Uncle Scrooge #179 is the prime "pre-pack" only book. They were only distributed in the Whitman "pre packs" and not in very significant numbers, so they're basically impossible to find.