• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Smith kicked off plane for being too fat

87 posts in this topic

kevin smith is fat, but he isn't at that point, i don't think.

getting the arm rests down and being able to buckle the seat belt without an extender ought to be enough (of course, do they kick out pregnant women too?)

do they throw guys off who have relatively thin mid-sections but huge upper bodies from weight lifting? that is more annoying to the person next to them than a regular fatty, at least in terms of personal space issues.

I have to agree with the fact that the seats are small. What standard do they use to measure the seat?

And its not just about being fat and not fitting. I was on a flight to paris and there was a marine sitting a row ahead of me and he couldnt fit in the seat comfortably? So if a fat guy cant fit or a person in shape? which is it?

He has already said he generally purchases 2 seats and did so in this case as well. He was moved up onto an earlier flight but even though he had purchased the two seats, there was only one available on the flight he got on. So why did the airline allow him to board, sit, and buckle in at all then?

I would squeeze in next to Kevin Smith any day, the guy is cool.

He has already said he generally purchases 2 seats and did so in this case as well. He was moved up onto an earlier flight but even though he had purchased the two seats, there was only one available on the flight he got on. So why did the airline allow him to board, sit, and buckle in at all then?

I would squeeze in next to Kevin Smith any day, the guy is cool.

He was flying standby. Which means he either missed his previous flight, was bumped voluntarily or changed his mind on his departure date.

I'm a little late to the party here. Can't this guy(Kevin Smith) afford 1st class seats. They're a little wider. Sorry if this was posted already. :hi:

There are no 1st class seats on Southwest.

He bought 2 tickets. But he needed to get where he was going faster, he decided to try standby. He got the standby. Just one seat was available.

Yeah, I guess I should have clarified that. I just still think it's a dumb situation ;)

I'm a little late to the party here. Can't this guy(Kevin Smith) afford 1st class seats. They're a little wider. Sorry if this was posted already. :hi:

There are no 1st class seats on Southwest.

WELL ITS APPARENT SOUTHWEST HAS NO CLASS

I don't like it when people think they have the right to talk to you because they are seated next to you in a crowded, flying sardine can.

The "right" to talk to you?

Let me see if I am perfectly clear here. You think that you are so special that common folk aren't even allowed to speak to you? Where does this attitude come from?

Why are you so special? When you break wind do people comment on the fragrant aroma?

Get over yourself.

Wow apparently you don't mind when the crazies, fatties, smellies, or person_without_enough_empathyies talk to you.

I agree with doctor watson. When I am on a plane I usually want to be left alone. I like to sleep or read on planes. If someone is talking to me it makes it hard to do either. It has nothing to do with being better or famous. It is about not wanting to speak to people you will most likely never see again.