• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Smith kicked off plane for being too fat

87 posts in this topic

Director Kevin Smith Kicked Off Plane for Being Too Fat

Us Magazine - 2 hours, 6 minutes ago

celebs:

Bruce Willis

Richard Simmons

So much for flying the friendly skies.

Mallrats director Kevin Smith, 39, was kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight from Oakland, Calif. to Burbank, Calif. over the weekend because of his weight.

Smith (whose newest film, Cop Out, starring Bruce Willis, opens Feb. 26) posted more than 50 angry Twitter messages to his more than 1.6 million followers decrying the airline in the following 24 hours.

See photos of stars who are sick of fat jokes being made about them

As he explained on the microblogging site, the plane's captain had him removed from a plane after he was deemed a "safety risk."

"I know I'm fat, but was Captain Leysath really justified in throwing me off a flight for which I was already seated?" he ranted. "Again: I'm way fat... But I'm not THERE just yet. But if I am, why wait til my bag is up, and I'm seated WITH ARM RESTS DOWN. In front of a packed plane with a bunch of folks who'd already I.d.ed me as 'Silent Bob.'"

These stars are always criticized for their weight

The airline offered him a $100 voucher as an apology (which he refused) and put him on another flight, but he still wasn't pleased.

"Thank God I don't embarrass easily (bless you, JERSEY GIRL training). But I don't sulk off either: so everyday, some new [expletive]-you Tweets for @SouthwestAir," he wrote. "You [expletive] with the wrong sedentary processed-foods eater!"

Shortly after, he posted a photo of himself puffing out his cheeks and captioned it, "Look how fat I am on your plane! Quick! Throw me off!"

See before and after pics of celeb weight winners

The director also joked with fans, including one who encouraged him to start his own airline. "More room for everyone! If they build it, I'd certainly fly it. 'Fly the Flabby Skies!'" he wrote.

Smith also mocked "The @SouthwestAir Diet. How it works: you're publicly shamed into a slimmer figure. Crying the weight right off has never been easier!"

After landing in Southern California, Smith wrote, "I've landed in Burbank. Don't worry: wall of the plane was opened & I was airlifted out while Richard Simmons supervised."

Southwest Airlines apologized to the director via Twitter, and blogged a longer statement on Sunday afternoon -- in which it pointed out that Smith usually purchases two seats every time he travels.

Get more Us! Follow us on Twitter, Friend us on Facebook, Subscribe to Us Weekly

I don't like it when people think they have the right to talk to you because they are seated next to you in a crowded, flying sardine can.

The "right" to talk to you?

Let me see if I am perfectly clear here. You think that you are so special that common folk aren't even allowed to speak to you? Where does this attitude come from?

Why are you so special? When you break wind do people comment on the fragrant aroma?

Get over yourself.

I don't like it when people think they have the right to talk to you because they are seated next to you in a crowded, flying sardine can.

Let me see if I am perfectly clear here. You think that you are so special that common folk aren't even allowed to speak to you? Where does this attitude come from?

Why are you so special? When you break wind do people comment on the fragrant aroma?

Get over yourself.

He was being somewhat glib, get a thicker skin man. He was talking about those folks that talk your ear off about things strangers don't care about. For example, new mothers talking the entire plane trip about their wonderful offspring. I'm a single guy, why would I like to hear about someone else's kid for 2 hours? That's why I turn on my ipod as soon as I can on airplanes.

Get over yourself.

He was being somewhat glib, get a thicker skin man. He was talking about those folks that talk your ear off about things strangers don't care about. For example, new mothers talking the entire plane trip about their wonderful offspring. I'm a single guy, why would I like to hear about someone else's kid for 2 hours? That's why I turn on my ipod as soon as I can on airplanes.

I just pretend I'm deaf, and throw a few signs at them, after pointing to my ears.

(thumbs u

I'm tired of special treatment for people who don't take care of themselves. We all have our problems but we shouldn't expect the rest of the world to pay for our weakness.

Actually the story posted above leaves out most of the details about why he was upset and why he was kicked off.

He mentions, in another story about this incident, that he normally buys 2 tickets for himself on Southwest and he had bought two tickets for this flight as well. However, he got to the airport early and tried to fly standby to get out earlier. The flight he boarded only had one seat left and he could not lower the armrest next to him (the Southwest fat test) and they kicked him off the plane after canceling his other tickets and allowing him onto the plane in the first place.

It doesn't look like he was looking for special treatment and had already paid the double fare.

Get over yourself.

Hey, lay another GPA rant via e-mail on us, brother. (thumbs u

Get over yourself.

Take it for what you will, as in Fight Club "it's just a single serving friend"...

It takes a lot more than that to get me irked.

Anyway whenever I fly I usually fly 1st class

so there is a lot less pompous people to deal with.

;)

Get over yourself.

Take it for what you will, as in Fight Club "it's just a single serving friend"...

;)

First Class? Why are you so special?

Get over yourself.

Get over yourself.

;)

First Class? Why are you so special?

Get over yourself.

some people just like to chill, while they watch others get into fistcuffs

over seat droopage of vernacular.

:cloud9: